We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

webmatrix crash...RSS

14 replies

Last post Nov 26, 2011 11:28 AM by HCamper

• webmatrix crash...

Nov 08, 2011 01:35 PM|mpanikos|LINK

im having issues in running the application webmatrix i run it once and it worked properly,after that when i try to press one of the 4 icons it gives me that message... Error Message : Filename: \\?\C:Users\Odin\Documents\IIS Express\config\applicationhost.config Error: Configuration file is not well-formed XML Error Log File: C:\Users\Odin\AppData\Local\Temp\WebMatrix.exe.log Click Yes to restart the program. Click No to visit the online forums for more information.
  • Re: webmatrix crash...

Nov 08, 2011 03:19 PM|owjeff|LINK

Sounds like its an issue with your IIS Express configuration. I would start by uninstalling both WebMatrix and IIS Express, and then re-installing using the Web Platform installer.
    Jeff Graves

OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting Solutions
    "Remarkable Service. Remarkable Support."

Nov 09, 2011 06:19 AM|mpanikos|LINK

i allready did this i both un-installed and re-installed webmatrix and ISS but still it makes me the same problem.

Nov 09, 2011 11:46 AM|rlucero|LINK

Can you open the WebMatrix.exe.log and see if there is additional information about why WebMatrix thinks that applicationhost.config is misconfigured?

-Robert

Nov 11, 2011 11:17 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Have you looked at Robert's older replies it may help:

http://forums.iis.net/p/1180385/1991105.aspx#1991105 ?

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011

Nov 11, 2011 11:55 AM|mpanikos|LINK

do u want me to copy paste the log ??

Nov 11, 2011 11:58 AM|mpanikos|LINK

yes i did,but nothing really helped..i tried to un-install and install but still no solution by the way im using Windows 7 ultimate,never the less i was able to run the system ONCE after that i dont know why this staborn program isnt working at all...

Nov 11, 2011 03:49 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

A post using Copy & Paste or the public site pastebin http://pastebin.com/ will work.

The goal of IIS Forum users and community is to get this fixed on your Windows 7 Ultimate.

It is hard to provide solutions with-out knowing details for the Windows 7 failures.

Regards,

Martin

Nov 11, 2011 05:26 PM|mpanikos|LINK

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=wfrYq1jG"></script> i hope this will help.. http://pastebin.com/wfrYq1jG

Nov 12, 2011 01:12 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Thanks for posting the information.

Robert is more of an Expert for the Errors and Web Matrix Internals so he can answer better than me.

I hope Robert can add to the suggestions so you get this fixed.

Edits removed errors comments.

Martin

Nov 12, 2011 05:17 PM|mpanikos|LINK

i did try it,didnt really work either. and just for the record it was WORKING before with the settings i had i didnt really changed anything thats why it seems SO strange to me that it doesnt work now ... :/

Nov 15, 2011 12:08 PM|rlucero|LINK

Looking at your log it seems that your ApplicationHost.config file got corrupted some how.  The specifc error is "Not well formed XML". 

There are two things you can try:
    1. Manually fixing the config file.  Open applicationHost.config (located in <mydocuments>\iis express\config\) in your editor of choice and try to see if there's a tag mismatch or something. Something like Visual Web Developer or Notepad ++ might be able to highlight an XML formatting issue to help you find the problem.

2. Replace your config file.  Move the exisiting applicationHost.config file to a backup location and then start WebMatrix again.  The file should be re-copied from the IIS Express Program Files location.  Try installing a template and see if that fixes the problem.

Hope this helps!

-Robert

Nov 15, 2011 01:08 PM|mpanikos|LINK

i tried the number 2 option you wrote and i think it worked!!! im trying to install now joomla from the tablets and it seems to be working fine ! thank you very much for your time guys!

Nov 16, 2011 10:20 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

So option 2 Works for this case.

Edit: 12-02-2011 Selected the user's choice.

Martin

Nov 26, 2011 11:28 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Must be working ?

Martin