We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Trubles with passwordRSS

12 replies

Last post Nov 24, 2011 10:02 AM by HCamper

• Trubles with password

Sep 26, 2011 06:01 AM|BojanE|LINK

I install WebMatrix. Then i try create new Joomla site. When I must create password for MySQL database and ... game over.

If I want create password without numbers, I recive error - password isn't enough strong. If I insert password with letters and numbers, I recive error - passwords don't match. I try this 10x.

• Re: Trubles with password

Sep 26, 2011 06:13 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Have you looked at this http://forums.iis.net/t/1180068.aspx Web Matrix Thread start with the first link.

Look at Joomla! suggestion http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=271016 .

What tool do you have for working with MySQL Server Database and Joomla! ?

You can Search ( Google or Bing ) HeidiSQL and download and install the tool to help with MySQL Server and passwords etc.

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011

Sep 26, 2011 06:36 AM|BojanE|LINK

Thanks, but my problem is diferent. WebMatrix is install Joomla 1.7, I insert database name, site name, but then stoped, when I try to create password for DB. I type password with letters and numbers ... I will try with HeidiSQL.

Sep 26, 2011 06:59 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Yes, Get the HeidiSQL Tool first and install. You should read the MySQL server documentation for managing users and SQL Server.

All the MySQL Server Database Blogs CMS have same or related problems.

You need to use the "Root"  user for any modifcations to the MySQL Database which will have the Joomla!

Database and tables.

Read the Joomla! Notes that is what users have suggested.

For Joomal! 1.7 try this http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2389496

More questions feel free to ask,

Martin

Sep 26, 2011 11:51 AM|rlucero|LINK

Are you installing Joomla! with WebMatrix v1 or v2?

Also, are you trying to install to an existing database or creating a new one?

-Robert

Sep 27, 2011 12:59 AM|BojanE|LINK

I have the last WebMatrix (I install 3 day ago). I try create new database, because evry Joomla installation must have database. I work in virtual PC with "classic" Joomla (Apache, MySQL, PHO (WAMP) + Joomla) and there is no problem with user for evry database. There you create user for all MySQL server and system don't try create another user for evry Joomla database. I want work with Joomla on IIS, because in company we have Win Server 2008 R2 and using IIS is more "natural".

Sep 27, 2011 05:19 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Out of Scope for Normal Web Matrix use.

Sep 27, 2011 07:39 AM|BojanE|LINK

At home I work with Virtual PC (Win XP Pro on Win 7 PRO). In this virtual PC I have Joomla on WAMP, but WebMatrix is install on Win 7 PRO. I want test work with Joomla on IIS, before I try install this on computer in our company (Win Server 2008 R2). WebMatrix don't allowed me to confirm password for database, that is created for Joomla installation.

Sep 27, 2011 01:56 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Out of Scope Web Matrix.

Sep 29, 2011 03:01 AM|BojanE|LINK

I work with 3 computers: At home: - computer with Win 7 Pro and VM with XP SP 3 - there is WAMP + Joomla - work without problem In this computer I install WebMatrix inside Win 7. And there is this problem. PHP and MySQL are installed. I follow steps of wizard for installation Joomla web site. At Job: - I have computer with XP SP 3 - remote server with Win server 2008 R2. If I find solution for install Joomla on IIS 7.5, then I will install them on this server. There is now installed WAMP, but the natural web server on Win server is IIS, not Apache. My trouble is out of logic. Wizard download joomla, but install is stoped, because I can't create password. This is my problem. Maybe is there bug. If I twice type the same password, but system tell me, that I must type the same password ...

Sep 29, 2011 04:02 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Out of Scope

Oct 07, 2011 03:20 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

Out of Scope

• Re: WebMatrix-Troubles with passwords:MySQL Server-Joomla-Web Sites

Nov 24, 2011 10:02 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

You have Bad password:

You can  fix  make sure the password contains numbers letters and correct length.

Reinstall MySQ Server start fresh with Joomla Site.

regards,

Martin