Missing ARR and URL Rewrite in IIS Manager [Answered]RSS

7 replies

Last post Aug 18, 2011 05:41 AM by London

• Missing ARR and URL Rewrite in IIS Manager

Aug 11, 2011 02:14 PM|jedobray|LINK

I installed ARR 2.5 on four IIS 7.5 servers using WPI however, when I click on the server node in IIS Manager, I don't see the ARR or Url Rewrite icons in the IIS section.  Is there a new way to configure ARR in version 2.5?

• Re: Missing ARR and URL Rewrite in IIS Manager

Aug 11, 2011 02:16 PM|richma|LINK

I am taking a guess you might be using Server Manager ?

If so look vis IISmanager standalone ( Inetmgr.exe)

Hth

Richard

Aug 11, 2011 02:25 PM|jedobray|LINK

No, I'm using the standalone manager.

Aug 12, 2011 11:35 AM|E.P.A.R|LINK

Why does Server Manager vs IISManager make a difference to the modules displayed?

I have just spent a lot more time than I would have liked trying to figure out what was wrong with my setup because certain modules did not appear where they should, specifically the ARR Cache module at the IIS Server Home window and ARR modules that appear in the Server Farm window of the WFF 2.1.

I'm very relieved to have found this thread. It has saved me giving up on ARR & WFF which I almost did.

Thanks for posting jedobray and thanks for answering Richard.

Aug 13, 2011 08:41 AM|richma|LINK

There was an issue I saw once where the modules did not display at any level when using server manager,I am not aware of any issues with IIS manager.

Aug 17, 2011 03:41 AM|London|LINK

For IIS Manager, check the configuration section in administration.config file located in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config directory. The following entries should be there:

<moduleProviders>

<add name="ApplicationRequestRouting" type="Microsoft.Web.Management.Arr.ArrModuleProvider, Microsoft.Web.Management.Arr, Version=7.2.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add name="Rewrite" type="Microsoft.Web.Management.Iis.Rewrite.RewriteModuleProvider, Microsoft.Web.Management.Rewrite, Version=7.2.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

</moduleProviders>

Aug 17, 2011 11:32 AM|jedobray|LINK

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked and both modules are listed in moduleProviders.

Aug 18, 2011 05:41 AM|London|LINK

Note: to load the new installed modules in IIS Manager, you'll need to close and re-open IIS Manager.

You might need to run standalone installation package of ARR and URL Rewrite Module to repair the installation.

You can find the ARR installation package in WPI installer cache folder:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\web platform installer