We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

webmatrix crashing on startup [Answered]RSS

6 replies

Last post Jul 25, 2011 05:53 AM by jonny da pigg

• webmatrix crashing on startup

Jul 23, 2011 06:49 AM|jonny da pigg|LINK

i've been using webmatrix for about 6 months with no bothers until this morning. when i try to start it it flashes a message up saying it's failed and tells me to come here. so i have. below is the log.

ta in advance for anyone who can help me get this back up and running, i've got 2 sites within grasp of going live only to be held up here. bit of a gutter.never had any bother before...

jonny

23/07/2011 11:33:27
    --------
    System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Provide value on 'System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_NOT_FOUND)
       at Standard.HRESULT.ThrowIfFailed(String message)
       at Standard.NativeMethods.GetCurrentThemeName(String& themeFileName, String& color, String& size)
       at Microsoft.Windows.Shell.SystemParameters2._InitializeThemeInfo()
       at Microsoft.Windows.Shell.SystemParameters2..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Windows.Shell.SystemParameters2.get_Current()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
       at System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension.GetFieldOrPropertyValue(Type type, String name, Object& value)
       at System.Windows.Markup.StaticExtension.ProvideValue(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
       at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CallProvideValue(MarkupExtension me, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
       at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
       at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Host.Shell.ShellMainWPF.InitializeComponent()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Host.Shell.ShellMainWPF..ctor(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, SplashScreen splash)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Host.Shell.ShellApplication.Execute(Boolean localDevelopmentMode, Boolean resetPreferences, Boolean resetPreferencesNoLaunch, Boolean warmupMode)

webmatrix crash startup

• Re: webmatrix crashing on startup

Jul 23, 2011 09:10 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

I suggest you check this http://blogs.iis.net/divyaa/archive/2011/03/21/webmatrix-launch-failed-error-iis-7-5-express-could-not-be-initialized.aspx 

IIS Team post

The suggestion is to Update to Latest IIS Express by downloading

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=1038 from

the Microsoft Download Center.

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011

Jul 23, 2011 11:12 AM|jonny da pigg|LINK

ta for reply, but still no joy. any ideas?

cheers again

jonny

Jul 23, 2011 02:16 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

Then check this http://forums.iis.net/p/1176259/1974282.aspx#1974282 

thread for Desk Top Themes and Graphics Settings.

The failures are when the Windows Presentation Foundation Windows Font Cache

try and Draw the Web Matrix Forms and Controls.

The Fonts and Desktop Display Themes can have an effect.

Martin

Jul 23, 2011 03:36 PM|jonny da pigg|LINK

as odd as that seemed, that actually worked, kind of. got the webmatrix to load only for my sites to not appear, tho i reckon with a fresh install of the packages i'll be able to copy the files over.

cheers mate

jonny

Jul 24, 2011 12:29 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

So fresh install fixed ?

Martin

Jul 25, 2011 05:53 AM|jonny da pigg|LINK

aye mate, exported/imported the databases, copied the files and i'm back in business. don't get how the theme i've been using for the last year had affected a program i've been using for 6 months, but all is well (i've left the default theme on for now, looks cack but works which is probably more important)

cheers again