500.19 Internal Server Error [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Nov 16, 2012 02:22 AM by TwiNight

• 500.19 Internal Server Error

Jun 23, 2011 02:17 AM|AshwinMB|LINK

Hi

I have hosted a web application on my personal laptop which is running Win 7 Professional and IIS 7.5 and SQL 2008. The bindings and application pool and all of the necessary configurations are set and done aptly. But when I try browsing the site, it shows the following error. Kindly help in fixing this issue.

Here is the error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Error Code 0x80070021
    Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Config Source
       60:   <system.webServer>
       61:      <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
       62:         <defaultDocument>

Please help.

Thanks

error 500.19

• Re: 500.19 Internal Server Error

Jun 27, 2011 05:05 AM|Lloydz|LINK

Hi,

The error indicates that the module section is locked at server level. You can use the following command to unlock the section:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd unlock config -section:system.webServer/modules

Thanks.

• Re: 500.19 Internal Server Error

Nov 16, 2012 02:22 AM|TwiNight|LINK

Lloydz

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd unlock config -section:system.webServer/modules

I received the same error. But even after trying this command, and unlocking

<modules>

section in applicationHost.config, I continue to receive the same error. What should I do?