We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Problems after installing XAMPP [Answered]RSS

9 replies

Last post Oct 14, 2011 03:04 PM by HCamper

• Problems after installing XAMPP

Jun 12, 2011 04:45 AM|redadog|LINK

Hi guys, i was styling my new wordpress site and for other reasons i've installed too XAMPP which has surely changed the settings of the webports, the rusult is a mysql database not working. How can i fix it? Thx D.

wordpress web matrix Xampp

• Re: Problems after installing XAMPP

Jun 12, 2011 02:26 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

Could you post the Xampp and the Web Matrix settings that are being used.

Normally MySQL Server uses port 3306 and uses my.ini or my.cnf for settings.

You may find that Xampp has put the settings in the Windows folder and the Xampp install location.

You may find that Xampp has installed another WIndows Service for MySQL Server.

If you check there are likely be two MySQL Services.

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011

Jun 12, 2011 08:50 PM|Topspy|LINK

can you please tell us how does it not work? is there any error message?
    WebHostPark
    www.webhostpark.com

Jun 13, 2011 03:37 AM|redadog|LINK

Yes, sorry. I've tryed once to get XAMPP unistalled but that's the same thing. The webmatrix output is http://localhost:57626/ and the message "Error establishing a database connection". These are the settings of XAMPP http://i55.tinypic.com/zm18qp.jpg. I understood there's such a conflict between these two software that menage mysql, but i really don't know how to fix it. Thanks D.

Jun 13, 2011 07:36 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

If your trying to remove Xampp all the services 'Apache', 'MySQL Server', 'FileZilla' , 'Mecury Mail' 

must be stopped before Xampp it can be removed.

The picture you have shows that the MySQL Server from Xampp is using port 3306.

Use the Xampp Tray to stop the MySQL Server from Running.

After the MySQL Server has stopped use the Xampp Tray Admin to change the MySQL Server to use port 3308.

Then start the MySQL Server for Web Matrix and see if you can access your database.

Martin

Jun 13, 2011 08:23 AM|redadog|LINK

I dont know what Xampp Tray Admin is, but, i changed the port from xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini. I also stopped all the services from XAMPP controller, the mysql service doesnt appear in Windows Services, but WP still give that error "Error establishing a database connection" I dont know how to see which port WebMatrix mysql is using, probably there will be errors in that...

Jun 13, 2011 08:38 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

For running and configuration of Xampp check the guide for  "Windows" at 'Apache Friends'.

They have pictures and descriptions for Admin and Tray operations.

The MySQL Server for Web Matrix should be located

in C:\Program Files\MySQL Server 5.xx  or C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL Server 5.xx

depending on the windows your using and MySQL Server version. There should be a Windows Service for Web Matrix.

If the Windows Service is missing or the folders are missing you may need to check Control Panel Add and Remove

programs and for MySQL Server install. If the MySQL Server is missing you may need to re-install.

Martin

Jun 15, 2011 01:27 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

Have you repaired MySQL Server or ?

Martin 

Oct 14, 2011 09:56 AM|snagar|LINK

yes MySQL ON. i installed "Apache" server part of the XAMPP. I can not find IIS Express icon, i'm not going to change my Apach. it seems like webmatrix is not for me and i'm going to uninstall. Sorry but I'm not going to work with Microsoft technologies (IIS,mssql). i'm a bit disappointed Since I saw a presentation on webmatrix there seems everything works. I guess it's just Microsoft's presentations or is it just me.......

Oct 14, 2011 03:04 PM|HCamper|LINK

Hello @ snagar,

Please read your post  http://forums.iis.net/p/1182330/1999306.aspx#1999306 

your issues will be continued at that thread.

Thanks,

Martin