We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

MS Web Deploy Access issueRSS

1 reply

Last post Jun 27, 2011 11:25 AM by David Di - MSFT

• MS Web Deploy Access issue

Jun 10, 2011 08:44 AM|shilpa_prabhu|LINK

I have created a web deployment package for a web application from VS 2010. I am trying to deploy it using msdeploy on a Win Serevr 2003 IIS 6 machine. The remote agent service is running. When I run the command (cmd file), I get the following warning: Warning: Access to the path 'MsDepSvc.exe' is denied. Retrying operation 'Delete' on object dirPath (\\localhost\C$\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSDEPLOY\5e16dc0d-6bfc-4398-b773-bfd8c504c0bc). Attempt 1 of 5. I am an administrator on the machine. IUSR, NETWORKSERVICE and ASPNET have full control over the folder - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSDEPLOY. I am an administrator on the machine. How can I overcome this warning? The deployment is failing because of this.

access msdeploy

• Re: MS Web Deploy Access issue

Jun 27, 2011 11:25 AM|David Di - MSFT|LINK

This almost looks like it may be running into some sort of issue with Share permissions rather than NTFS permissions.

Can you try running "net use \\localhost\c$\windows\temp" and see if you can access this directory?  If you can are you able to delete any files?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,

David Dietz
    Microsoft Online Community Support