We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

HTTP Error 500.52 URL Rewrite Module ErrorRSS

8 replies

Last post May 28, 2011 06:56 PM by simtan

• HTTP Error 500.52 URL Rewrite Module Error

May 17, 2011 09:57 AM|eigewa|LINK

Hi all I have WebMatrix running on Win7 development machine, and used the 'Publish' function to upload to my production server, Win Server 2003 SP2. I also have Webmatrix installed on this production server. The MySQL database was backed up and loaded in production. When I try to start my Joomla! site, I get the attached error. -Does IIS7.5 express not have the proper URL rewrite module in place? I read that it is built in in IIS 7.5. What's wrong here? Please help, I am a beginner. How can I attach the crash image?? Thanks!
  • Re: HTTP Error 500.52 URL Rewrite Module Error

May 18, 2011 10:45 AM|eigewa|LINK

Hi all Just to let everyone know, I fixed this problem myself - anyway, no one responded.. It seems, WebMatrix does a weird thing when uploading a site to an existing site. Instead of overwriting everything at the target directory, it created a subdirectory with the uploaded site files. That's why I got the error. I just deleted on my target production server all contents of the web site, and then uploaded all the files again with filezilla, forget Webmatrix publish function... However, this is just testing. For a live production site this will take too long. No solution via Webmatrix.

May 18, 2011 05:32 PM|simtan|LINK

Hello,

In your Publish Settings inside WebMatrix, if you include a subdirectory at the end of your destination URL, WebMatrix will publish there. You may want to double-check that...

Simon Tan
    Program Manager
    Web Platform and Tools

May 23, 2011 01:51 AM|eigewa|LINK

Simtan Thanks for the tip, but no, I published to http://www.mysite.com - no subdirectory. I used my ftp site and had that pointed to the top level directory where my site sits. Also, I noticed that the upload via this Webmatrix publish function took much longer than with straight ftp via Filezilla. That does Webmatrix publish do other than transfer via ftp? Could not get the Web Deplay to work anyway. Thanks again

May 23, 2011 03:16 PM|panic_at_the_disco|LINK

Can you share a screenshot of your Publish Settings dialog in WebMatrix? Also, seeing the logs would be nice (when a publish finishes, in the notification bar there is a Log link)

May 24, 2011 01:35 AM|eigewa|LINK

Hi Panic, Bilal would love to attach screen shot if you tell me how? Cannot find button in 'compose', 'options', 'related', or 'preview'...?

May 24, 2011 01:58 AM|eigewa|LINK

eigewa

Hi Panic, Bilal would love to attach screen shot if you tell me how? Cannot find button in 'compose', 'options', 'related', or 'preview'...?
    In addition, I clicked 'save' to save the publish settings and it just does it, no info where it saves it to. But when I click 'import publish setting' the file with the publish settings is not there. Where is it saved? On Windows 7 I checked user/mydocuments/iisexpress/? Also, where exactly is the log file of the last publishing process saved to? I have a /logs and a /tracelogs directory Thanks for your help!

May 27, 2011 12:19 PM|Yishai G.|LINK

Your publish settings are stored in My Documents\IISExpress\Config\PublishUI\"Site Name"\PublishProfile.xml

May 28, 2011 06:56 PM|simtan|LINK

Hello,

You will need to upload a screenshot to a site like Tinypic or something and then link to it from here - I would recommend, however, to try to access the publishing log that you get when you try to publish your site. Any errors in there would be greatly helpful to see. You should be able to copy text out of the dialog window by just selecting all of the log entries and using CTRL-C.

Simon Tan
    Program Manager
    Web Platform and Tools