We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Ruby and RailsRSS

8 replies

Last post Feb 10, 2015 03:15 AM by dimaka

• Ruby and Rails

May 04, 2011 04:59 AM|dabrovid|LINK

It wold be nice to deploy ruby and ruby on rails applications on IIS. I'v tried all solutions that could be found on web but none of them was working. Could you please make the process of deploying ruby apps on IIS less painful. I like IIS, i dont wont to use Apache. Thnx.

ROR Ruby

• Re: Ruby and Rails

May 04, 2011 05:16 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

Have you checked this http://forums.iis.net/p/1176554/1975518.aspx#1975518 Post in IIS Net Forum for

Ruby.

You also may that you need to use this "header in scripting "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";"

as the first part of code sent to IIS Server.

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011
  • Forums:Partner and Community-"Zoo-Forum:Web-Deployment-"-General-"Ruby-and-Rails"-"Questions"-IIS...

May 12, 2011 12:28 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

The Partner Community Ruby,Perl,Zoo,PHP, Script based Applications and  Frameworks the Web Platform

makes it easier for the Cross Platform Developers.

Check for the latest updates in the Forums.

Martin Rasch

IIS Apache IIS 7 web developer web deploy tool web deployment package webbdeploy ROR Ruby ruby on rails

May 16, 2011 09:05 AM|dabrovid|LINK

Thanx for helping me. I tried everithing and concluded that deploying Ruby web apps on IIS is just waste of time, nerves and money.
    I'll continue to deploy ruby apps on Linux/Apache via Pasenger. Deployment is easy, and whole setup of server is done in minutes.
    Maybe one day when somebody makes an app for deployment on IIS6/7/+ (that actualy works),  I'll migrate my apps on Windows.
    Until that day I'll deploy on Linux.

Jun 08, 2011 08:24 AM|caw_ro|LINK

Thanks for helping was about to start a new thread about this good think i tooked a second look into it :)

Jul 14, 2011 11:21 AM|vyaces|LINK

Hello!

You may try Helicon Zoo: http://www.helicontech.com/zoo/

It supports Ruby 1.9 and Rails 3.x. JRuby, MRI 1.8.7 as well as Rails 2.3.x support will be added very soon.

Thank you.

IIS 7 Ruby ruby on rails

Feb 06, 2012 10:49 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hi,

IIS Forums Partner and Community Forums  Have you checked ?

Regards,

Martin

Apache IIS 7 web developer web deploy tool web deployment package webbdeploy ROR Ruby ruby on rails

Jul 09, 2014 01:06 PM|zeplin|LINK

I think that you are correct with this. I have been trying to deploy my rails app and have had little to no success. Looks like it favors a linux server much more and hopefully is easier in the future to setup. I was thinking about trying python, but pretty scared as well. 

Feb 10, 2015 03:15 AM|dimaka|LINK

There is a way to run RoR on IIS 8 via HttpPlatformHandler - described by Scott Hanselman in his post: Announcing: Running Ruby on Rails on IIS8 (or anything else, really) with the new HttpPlatformHandler

rails ruby iis8 httpplatformhandler

Microsoft MVP [C#] since 2008, Remote ASP.NET (MVC) / C# Developer (Contractor) at Toptal