MVC asp.net app with subdirectory running a php app causes performance problems for php.  [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Apr 30, 2011 05:58 AM by HCamper

• MVC asp.net app with subdirectory running a php app causes performance problems for php.

Apr 30, 2011 02:20 AM|seanp82|LINK

Hi, I have a site example.com that is an asp.net MVC app but example.com/Blog is a PHP wordpress site. My issue it that when I go to the Blog page the request first goes to the Asp.net handler and then because /Blog is in my apps MVC.routing.ignoreroutes it is ignored and then fastcgi php handles the request. Unfortunately this make the blog load slowly (4seconds). I am looking for a way to configure IIS so that all requests to example.com/Blog go directly to the fastcgi php handler. Is this possible with IIS 7? I am using a shared hosting service but the webmasters do not know how to configure this behavior. Any help would be much appreciated. I haven't been able to find anything searching both the forum and in general google.

I posted in the configuration and scripting forum but had no responses and figured this might be a better place.   

Thanks Sean

• Re: MVC asp.net app with subdirectory running a php app causes performance problems for php.

Apr 30, 2011 05:58 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

First I suggest you post to the Rewrite Forum which would be more in line with

what your trying to do.

I did a search for MVC Routing and this http://haacked.com/archive/2008/07/14/make-routing-ignore-requests-for-a-file-extension.aspx 

was a suggestion from Phil from the MVC Team. The Routing suggestion might work for your task?

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011