We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Rpc over HTTP(S) (RDS Gateway) with SSL bridging HTTPS - HTTP -> Reverse proxyRSS

3 replies

Last post Apr 14, 2011 03:23 AM by Eagz

• Rpc over HTTP(S) (RDS Gateway) with SSL bridging HTTPS - HTTP -> Reverse proxy

Apr 11, 2011 04:32 PM|Eagz|LINK

Hello,

I am trying to configure ARR to reverse proxy RPC over HTTP(S) with SSL off-loading. So far, the requests are getting forwared to the approriate server and I see the authentication being accepted (Eventvwr, security log). However, the tunnel is not created and the following Warnings appear in the FailedReqLogFiles. It looks as if authentication is not being rewritten properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to not switch to ISA.

ModuleName ApplicationRequestRouting
    Notification 128
    HttpStatus 401
    HttpReason Unauthorized
    HttpSubStatus 0
    ErrorCode 0
    ConfigExceptionInfo
    Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER
    ErrorCode

The operation completed successfully. (0x0)

• Re: Rpc over HTTP(S) (RDS Gateway) with SSL bridging HTTPS - HTTP -> Reverse proxy

Apr 11, 2011 10:44 PM|richma|LINK

Hi

Not sure if you found the posts on this but casn you try setting the minResponseBuffer  buffer setting to zero.
    This can be set in the user interface under the  Proxy icon by setting "Response buffer threshold" to 0.

hth

Richard

• Re: Rpc over HTTP(S) (RDS Gateway) with SSL bridging HTTPS - HTTP -> Reverse proxy

Apr 12, 2011 03:13 AM|Eagz|LINK

Hey, thanks for your reply. I did find that post and I've already made that change. No positive result tho. Any other tips?

Apr 14, 2011 03:23 AM|Eagz|LINK

Can I assume it is not possible without ISA?