Application Pool - Unspecified error [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Apr 06, 2011 09:14 PM by dotnetnerd

• Application Pool - Unspecified error

Apr 05, 2011 03:03 PM|ryanw51|LINK

I'm completely stumped and not sure what to do. Anytime I navigate my browser to a webpage, that page's App Pool state switches to "Stopped" and the Status says "Unspecified error". I'm using IIS 6.0 on Server 2003. This all started happening shortly after installing PHP and MySQL on the server. The applications did however work for a short time after doing the install so I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or if the PHP installation messed something up. I used WPI to do the installation, so I would think that shouldn't be the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! -Ryan
  • Re: Application Pool - Unspecified error

Apr 05, 2011 11:58 PM|dotnetnerd|LINK

Could you please advise the error that you get? We need to see the error message first, then we can make decision steps to solve the issue. :)

Apr 06, 2011 02:59 PM|ryanw51|LINK

Thanks for the reply, I finally figured it out though. Any good web developer/administrator knows about eventvwr.msc, right? Well, I just found that nifty little tool yesterday after 2 years of configuring and managing IIS 6 web applications. How does that even happen? I have no idea... lack of proper training I suppose. Once I got there, I saw this: "Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted." I had added an ISAPI filter for PHP that was invalid. After I deleted that, everything worked like a charm.

Apr 06, 2011 09:14 PM|dotnetnerd|LINK

Nice to hear that. :)