IIS Sequential Request problemRSS

8 replies

Last post Feb 22, 2012 09:13 AM by sbradk

• IIS Sequential Request problem

Apr 04, 2011 06:16 AM|cvanvollenstee|LINK

Hello, I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 on a 64bit Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 with 32 bit application pool (We have a vb6 32bit dll handling sql strings) running a Intergrated Website that contains both asp and asp.net pages.

On IIS 7 and 6 this is running perfectly but on 7.5 all of my requests is Sequential and not paralell.

Ok the senario is like this our login page is classic asp and another classic asp page containing a sql query that takes a while to execute because of the massive amount of data the query is returning to populate a crystal report. When I run  this page to execute the sql and try and login at the same time the login pages code does not get touched until the request is done. I have put a break point and the break point does not get reached in anyway until that big query is done executing.

The server this is executed is a Zeon with 2 quad core CPU and 16 gig ram. The url is as 'n trusted site with very low security on the client computers that is accessing these pages. The firewalls is off on both the sever and client pc and there is no antivrus at all on both the client and the server. So there is nothing blocking request.

I have excluded the VB6 dll and executed the sql directly in the asp pages and still the same issue. 

Thank you in advance.

• Re: IIS Sequential Request problem

Apr 04, 2011 09:51 AM|sbradk|LINK

Have you tried disabling session state already in the ASP page(s)?

<%@ EnableSessionState=False %>

~Brad Kingsley
    MCSE, ASPInsider
    www.orcsweb.com

Apr 04, 2011 09:53 AM|cvanvollenstee|LINK

Yes I have tried that. It is not the session sate.

Apr 04, 2011 10:19 AM|sbradk|LINK

SQL Server blocking perhaps? Have you reviewed the locks on the tables while the long query is running?

~Brad Kingsley
    MCSE, ASPInsider
    www.orcsweb.com

Apr 04, 2011 10:21 AM|cvanvollenstee|LINK

The problem is that No code is getting executed until that request is completed. So for SQL server to lock something a second set of code calling the SQL Drivers must be executed first. We also thought that but it is not the case.

Apr 07, 2011 05:30 AM|cvanvollenstee|LINK

Looks like Microsft has desided to stop supporting major companies who has got sytems running in multipiple massive companies whom has 100's of people working on the system who has written the system 10 years ago in VB6 32 bit dll's and classic asp in IIS 7.5. I wish the guy who desided that the 32bit option in the Application Pool advanced settings must stop being fully compatible with this 32 bit dll get's a cramp in his ass. 

Aug 26, 2011 10:17 AM|abellix|LINK

i am having the same issue, on my server requests are executed sequential and not parallel. how did you fix this?

Feb 22, 2012 07:37 AM|cvanvollenstee|LINK

I have not fixed this problem, I thought resolving the issue will be resolved by using C# and .net but I have quickly realised that our is system is to fast to switch over it is not an overnight thing plus I do not know if this wil solve my issue. I wish someone at Microsoft will tell me what have changed so we can fix accordingly

Feb 22, 2012 09:13 AM|sbradk|LINK

It might be a threading issue with the VB6 DLL. Have you opened a PSS case to see what they say about it?
    ~Brad Kingsley
    MCSE, ASPInsider
    www.orcsweb.com