Unable to install via Web Platform Installer [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Mar 17, 2011 05:32 PM by ChrisSfanos

• Unable to install via Web Platform Installer

Mar 15, 2011 04:37 AM|Andy H|LINK

Hi, I go to this page: http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=webmatrix and the Microsoft Web Platform Installer kicks in.  I get asked to allow it and then I get this error message and nothing installs.

"Url 'https://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9763242' returned HTTP status code: 403"

How do I get around this problem, or can I install Web Matrix without WPI?

• Re: Unable to install via Web Platform Installer

Mar 15, 2011 06:09 AM|HCamper|LINK

Hello,

The 403 error has this description "403 - Forbidden several different 403 errors that indicate a more specific cause of the error".

First using the IE Tool Bar Settings and in advanced section turn off the display of Friendly Error messages.

Second the error indicates restrictions while downloading or executing the WebPI.

Third possible restrictions on your system are security related Anti-Virus, Being in a School Computer Lab,

Using A School User Lab location  or other Public Loacation which maybe Locked Down to prevent software installs.

Fourth possible restriction on your system are having lack or access to the directories / folders to download & run installers.

Fifth you can check the Microsoft Download center for the Full Stand alone installers and if your restrictions allow

install the products you desire.

Check the above items modify any settings to un-do the restrictions.

Post the detailed error messages & questions to this thread.

Thank You,

Martin

Windows and Linux work Together IT-Pros
    Community Member Award 2011
  • Re: Unable to install via Web Platform Installer

Mar 17, 2011 05:32 PM|ChrisSfanos|LINK

Hi Andy - ignore my comment in the other post - I see you started a new thread

403: Forbidden sounds like something that is be blocking by your ISP/etc - are you trying this at work?  Could your install be blocked by your connection provider?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Sfanos
    Web Platform Installer PM