IIS7 Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE' or 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0' ...RSS

1 reply

Last post Jan 23, 2013 11:56 PM by Chen Yu - MSFT

• IIS7 Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE' or 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0' ...

Feb 05, 2011 08:46 PM|wvanhuffel|LINK

SQL Server Express install

came across this little chessnut.

Lots of submissions but non mentioning the solution I found.

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio
    2. Right click on the server and select server properties
    3. Check Permissions - look at the list and select one that has local full permission (in this case 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM')

now set the IIS app pool login user to the selected/verified access account...

follow : http://www.gotknowhow.com/articles/fix-login-failed-for-user-iis-apppool-aspnet-v4-error-iis7

I ignored the first 1/2 and used the second half....

Now that we know the Application Pool that is configured for are website, we now want to change the app pool's (Process Model) Identity to 'NetworkService', here's how:

1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manger.
    2. In the Connections sidebar, click on Application Pools.
    3. Now right-click on theApplication Pool that your website is using (in this case my site is using the ASP.NET v4.0 application pool), and select Advanced Settings... from the menu.
    4. In the Advanced Settings pop-up box, locate the Process Model -> Identity section and click on the Application Pool Identity. 
    5. In the Application Pool Identity pop-up box, change the Built-in account to <whatever you selected in point 3 above/>, then click OK, and click OK again to save your Advanced Settings changes.

After changing the Application Pool's Identity to NetworkService (or LocalSystem) you should now be able to get your ASP.NET site to run successfully on a IIS7 web server:

iis 7 sql login failed

• Re: IIS7 Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE' or 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0' ...

Jan 23, 2013 11:56 PM|Chen Yu - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best Regards,

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    Feedback to us