Web Deployment Tool (MS Deploy)
Announcing Web Deploy 2.0 RTM
Last post Jan 17, 2011 12:57 PM by panic_at_the_disco
Jan 17, 2011 12:57 PM|panic_at_the_disco|LINK
The Web Deploy team is proud to announce the RTM version of Web Deploy 2.0. We will be adding more documentation about what's new in the next week, but we encourage everybody to upgrade to it. You can download it using the
Web Platform Installer or directly using these links:
x86 en-US: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=209115
On a high level, here's what's new:
· The ability to move SQL Compact 4 databases to full SQL Server.
· Tons of bug fixes around reliability and stability.
· Integration with IIS Express making it possible to deploy (package, publish etc) IIS Express based web sites seamlessly.
· Side by Side setup with Web Deploy v1.
· Backward compatibility of Web Deploy v2 to deploy to web servers which still are running on Web Deploy v1.
· Updated gacAssemly provider which allows deploying an assembly to GAC even if it is not in GAC on the source