We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Installing IIS Search Engine Optimization ToolkitRSS

5 replies

Last post Dec 15, 2010 04:36 AM by NeilMcC

• Installing IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit

Dec 13, 2010 03:10 PM|NeilMcC|LINK

Hello I'm having problems with Microsoft Web Platform Installer 2.0. When attempting to install the Visual Web Developer Express 2010 I receive an error message saying “The product that you are trying to install is not supported on your operating system. Click here for more information.” I have the xpsp service pack 3 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636 : Service Pack 3). All I want is the IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit. Can you help? Thanks in advance for your assistance (and please be kind, I'm not that advanced technically). Rgds Neil P.S. Are there any plans to bring out a version of the IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit for the mac?

iis seo toolkit windows xp

• Re: Installing IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit

Dec 13, 2010 03:15 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

SEO Toolkit is only supported in machines running Windows Vista and above since it takes advantage of IIS 7.+ functionality.

As an alternative, you can use WebMatrix which includes a set of functionality from SEO Toolkit that will run in XP.

Dec 13, 2010 05:35 PM|NeilMcC|LINK

Thanks very much for the prompt and useful reply.

Dec 13, 2010 05:52 PM|NeilMcC|LINK

Apologise, me again! What are the differences (if any) between the SEO functionality on Webmatrix and the IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit? Thanks again!

Dec 13, 2010 06:17 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

The core engine is pretty much the same, however the User Interface has been simiplified to expose less number of options and complex queries and instead focus on just the violations. You should however be able to export the data and do fancy stuff in Excel or any other CSV viewer.

In fact if you happen to be able to gain access to a machine with the full IIS SEO Toolkit you will be able to open the report generated by WebMatrix on it and leverage the full UI with Query Builders and all.

Dec 15, 2010 04:36 AM|NeilMcC|LINK

Apologise for the delay (kids, dog and other distractions!). I just wanted to say thanks again for the assistance - very much appreciated.