The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load. The data is the error. [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Nov 29, 2010 11:51 PM by Lloydz

• The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

Nov 25, 2010 03:32 PM|jestwest|LINK

Hi Guys, Im in windows 7 64bit.. I'm trying to run an export to excel function. if i select Enable 32 bit Applications and recycle my app pool, trying to access any page in the solution results in the app pool shutting down and i get a: Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. if i try and run it on my machine in 64bit i get The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. on googling around it appears that there is no 64 bit version of the jet.oledb and hence the failure.. i was just wondering if anyone else had any experience getting this up and running.. I tried compiling an x86 version of the dlls and alas still nothing! In looking at event viewer it is bringing up an error: The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load. The data is the error. how would i correct this one!!
  • Re: The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load. The data is the error...

Nov 29, 2010 11:51 PM|Lloydz|LINK

Hi,

Would you please check if “rewrite.dll” exists in the folder "C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv"? If the dll doesn't exist, you need to download a correct URL Rewrite Module version and install it.

Please also check the following article to get more information about troubleshooting 503 error:
    Where did my IIS7 server go? Troubleshooting 503 "service unavailable" errors
    http://mvolo.com/blogs/serverside/archive/2006/10/19/Where-did-my-IIS7-server-go_3F00_-Troubleshooting-_2200_service-unavailable_2200_-errors.aspx

Hope this information helpful for you ,thanks.