We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Warning "The page at ... contains a large block of embedded Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) code." [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Dec 08, 2010 04:02 PM by CarlosAg

• Warning "The page at ... contains a large block of embedded Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) code."

Nov 19, 2010 03:14 PM|zipswich|LINK

I am wondering if anyone could offer some hint for understanding the following error:

The page at "http://localhost:8080/Templates/marblefaint.jpg" contains a large (2363 characters) block of embedded Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) code.

How can a jpg file contain a large block of embedded CSS code?

Hong
  • Re: Warning "The page at ... contains a large block of embedded Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) code....

Nov 26, 2010 10:47 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

If you see the Content (double click the item and see the Content Tab), I bet you got a Server Error that included some CSS instead of actually getting the Image. See also the Status code cause I can bet that is not going to be a 200 OK.
  • Re: Warning "The page at ... contains a large block of embedded Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) code....

Nov 26, 2010 11:10 PM|zipswich|LINK

Thanks Carlos. Yes, the error is the following:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I am wondering how the warning is related to this error.

Hong

Dec 08, 2010 04:02 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

The real error is having a 404 (not found), you should probably have a specific violation for that in addition to this one. This one is just trying to tell you that you might want to create a custom error that has less CSS embedded on it, but I think given that 404's should never be indexed anyway (cause you dont want search engines to see that),it would probably not matter.