We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

setAcl is not setting the user on the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot; permissions don't replicate across the farm!RSS

1 reply

Last post Oct 01, 2010 02:46 PM by Singh.Gurpreet

• setAcl is not setting the user on the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot; permissions don't replicate acro...

Sep 29, 2010 11:22 AM|pozeruga|LINK

Hello Friends I'm trying to replicate NTFS permissions on the folder across the farm. I went into application provisioning and selected "setAcl" provider. I configured provider with the following: SetAclAccess: FullControl SetAclResourceType: Folder SetAclUser: webtest1 Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot For some reason permission do not replicate. I'm able to replicate content and IIS settings. Any suggestions? Thanks.

setAcl not replicating

• Re: setAcl is not setting the user on the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot; permissions don't replicate...

Oct 01, 2010 02:46 PM|Singh.Gurpreet|LINK

Hi,

I tried reproing the scenario but was unsuccessful. I tried creating a user (say test) on both the machines and then I went to application provisioning and added an entry for the setAcl, with path="C:\folder1", setAclUser=Test, setAclAccess=FullControl and setAclResourceType=Directory and everything worked fine. Can you please be more elaborate about what kind of error you are getting? Is WebTest1 a domain account or local account? If it is a local account, account needs to exist on both the machines.