We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Error while Deploying WebMatrix Beta Application having SQL Database on Remote Server [Answered]RSS

9 replies

Last post May 17, 2011 04:49 AM by simtan

• Error while Deploying WebMatrix Beta Application having SQL Database on Remote Server

Sep 21, 2010 09:13 AM|thewebhostingdir|LINK

Hello All,

I have created "DotNetNuke SQL Database Application" from the WebMatrix Gallery.

Now I want to deploy it on the remote server using Web Deploy method.

Without selecting SQL database, application is deployed successfully but when I select SQL database it gives following error:

Publish : Error - Make sure the database connection string for the server is correct and that you have appropriate permission to access the database. (Web Deploy provider is dbFullSql).

Can anyone have the solution of this error?

Thanks in advance....

• Re: Error while Deploying WebMatrix Beta Application having SQL Database on Remote Server

Sep 21, 2010 03:42 PM|simtan|LINK

When you selected to publish with the SQL database, was there a text box in the Publish Settings dialog that allowed for a connection string to be typed in?

You are usually provided with a database connection string from your hosting provider when you sign up for an account. It looks something like this:

"Data Source=myServerAddress;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;"
    Simon Tan
    Program Manager
    Web Platform and Tools
  • Re: Error while Deploying WebMatrix Beta Application having SQL Database on Remote Server

Sep 22, 2010 03:32 AM|thewebhostingdir|LINK

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the Connection String that you have suggested but it didn't work.

I got the following error:

10:26:42 AM: Make sure the database connection string for the server is correct and that you have appropriate permission to access the database. (Web Deploy Provider is dbFullSql).
    10:26:42 AM: Publish Failed.Make sure the database connection string for the server is correct and that you have appropriate permission to access the database. (Web Deploy Provider is dbFullSql).
    10:26:42 AM: Error Detail:
    10:26:42 AM: (9/22/2010 10:26:42 AM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.StatusThreadHandler.CheckForException()
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.RemoteDestSync(DeploymentObject sourceObject, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext)
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable)
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(String provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentWellKnownProvider provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    10:26:42 AM:    at Microsoft.Web.Management.Deployment.MsDeployWorker.Execute()
    Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. dbFullSql http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178034

I have some queries:

1) Which Username and Password are used in Connection String? Created from the Website Panel or the IIS Manager Users

2) My Database Server and Web Server is different so, I want to know that which server address is used in Connection String?

3) Is there any IIS related configurations required at Database Server?

Thanks in advance ...

Sep 22, 2010 06:24 AM|simtan|LINK

Yes, the connection string I gave above was just a sample - you'll need to substitute your own custom values into the connection string (replacing what's after each '=' symbol).

You should be using the database server's information in the connection string, and there should be an associated username and password along with a database name. I'm not sure where this information is for you, but I am guessing that if you have a Website Panel, you should be able to find it somewhere in there.

The database information is generally different than the IIS Manager user information.

Simon Tan
    Program Manager
    Web Platform and Tools

Sep 22, 2010 09:04 AM|thewebhostingdir|LINK

Hello All,

I have substituted my own custom values for the connection string. According to my knowledge there is no problem with it.

I want to know about Server side configuration settings and IIS settings for SQL database deployment.

Is there any IIS related configuration settings required to be performed on Database Server for SQL database deployment?

Or any other settings needed to be performed on Database Server or Host Server?

Thanks for the reply...

Sep 23, 2010 12:12 AM|panic_at_the_disco|LINK

Hi there, definitely looks like a connection string or database permissions issue. Some questions:

1. What happens when you click Validate Connection in the WebMatrix Publish Settings dialog?

2. Are you able to connect to the database using SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008? This is a good way to check if you can even connect to the db and create tables in it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=08E52AC2-1D62-45F6-9A4A-4B76A8564A2B&displaylang=en

Sep 23, 2010 01:18 AM|thewebhostingdir|LINK

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When I click on Validate Connection in Web Matrix Publish Settings dialog box it gives “Connected Successfully” message.

I can also connect to the database using SQL Management Studio Express 2008.

There is no issue related to the values provided in the Publish Settings dialog box in Web Matrix. I can successfully deploy the Web Matrix application without selecting SQL database.

I think there are some settings missing at the Server side.

I want to know which Server Address [Database Server or Web Server] is used in the Connection String?

Is there any additional settings require at any of these servers?

Thanks …

Sep 23, 2010 06:50 PM|simtan|LINK

You should use the Database Server in your database connection string. Don't forget that the database username/password is generally different than your Web Deploy username/password.

Simon Tan
    Program Manager
    Web Platform and Tools

May 13, 2011 01:34 AM|jatin.maniyar|LINK

Hi I do have the same problem have used all of my credentials correctly at the best of my knowledge. Can able to the whole website without the any error but i am not able to publish my MS SQL server database to the IIS server or the Database server. I am looking for the solution to it since last 3 days. Can anyone one pls help me out what should be wrong here? Thanks

WebMatrix MS SQL sever publish issue

May 17, 2011 04:49 AM|simtan|LINK

Hello,

Could you describe the errors you are seeing? Is it during the publishing process, or at the Publish Settings screen? If there are error logs also, it would be very helpful if you would post them here.

Simon Tan
    Program Manager
    Web Platform and Tools