Monitoring Appliction Request Routing [Answered]RSS

7 replies

Last post Aug 02, 2010 08:23 AM by OwenDickenson

• Monitoring Appliction Request Routing

Jul 05, 2010 06:06 AM|OwenDickenson|LINK

Hi,

I'm running application request routing on WS08 R2. The applicaiton appears to be performing very well, and our intials results are loking very promising.

Unfortunatley, my google-fu is letting me down whilst looking for information on monitoring the application.  I understand that there are a number of performance coutners that can be used for this, and I'm comfortable with those.

I'm specifically hoping to find some information regarding the issues that are logged to the windows event log.  When marking a server unhealthy, I can see that a warning event is added to the application log, but I'm interested to see if there are any other possible events.  Is anyone aware of a list of events that can be generated?

I'm hoping to roll this all up into our monitoring solution (SCOM) at some point, so documentation at this level would be useful. Initially though, I'll be putting them into an Event Viewer task library on the server.

--Owen.

• Re: Monitoring Appliction Request Routing

Jul 05, 2010 06:33 PM|richma|LINK

Hi Owen,

Are you just looking for a list of the events that will be logged to the event viewer or events you can consume via api's in another monitoring tool?

Also wanted to point you to this post on monitoring ideas from another user. http://forums.iis.net/t/1168496.aspx. If you have addtional recommendations please let us know.

Thanks

Richard

Jul 06, 2010 04:39 AM|OwenDickenson|LINK

Hi Richard,

My aim is to leverage our investment in System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) for monitoring my ARR farm. At the moment, I'm only interested in alerts which are added to the event log (Warn on server being marked unhealthy and the like). I'm quite happy to have a list of the events that will be logged to the event viewer and then put those into SCOM.

If you have a resource that you could point me at which contains that information, it would be very useful.

Owen.

Jul 09, 2010 09:41 AM|richma|LINK

Hi Owen,

We have submitted a request to get a technet article posted on this. When I get the link I'll post it back to the forum for your reference.

Thanks

Richard

Jul 09, 2010 12:38 PM|OwenDickenson|LINK

That great Richard, thanks for your help.

Owen.

Jul 31, 2010 04:47 PM|richma|LINK

Here are the new ARR references .

New ARR topics:
    ARR Reference:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff872130(WS.10).aspx
    ARR Events:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff872129(WS.10).aspx

<div style="MARGIN: 0px"> </div>

Jul 31, 2010 08:23 PM|ArieH|LINK

Excellent !

links are wrong, but you can copy them literaly and youll get there :D

Thanks,

Arie

Aug 02, 2010 08:23 AM|OwenDickenson|LINK

Hi Rich,

Thats really useful information to have - Thanks for co-ordinating it.

I guess my afternoon will be in the SCOM console now......

Owen :-)