IIS 7 - Live smooth streaming client problem [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post May 28, 2010 06:42 AM by arjenw

• IIS 7 - Live smooth streaming client problem

May 17, 2010 07:09 AM|gperetz1|LINK

I am trying to simulate a live smooth streaming client. I'm having probelms in calculating the time of the fragments that do not appear in the manifest. I was trying to analyze the fragment moof box to get the duration, and add it the fragment time. The problem is it appears to be incorrect (or maybe should be used in a different manner) for the audio stream. The video stream duration brings me to the next fragment just fine. However, with the audio stream it often misses the time (by a very small difference, sometimes just 1 increment) and so the server returns 404. I don't see that behaviour with the silverlight client - it always gets status 200 from the server, and requests the manifest only at the beginning of the play. More details: I am getting a moof box - indise the traf box I check the tfhd box and trun box. the tfhd box (defaults) has no values in it. the turn box has SampleSize, SampleFlags and SampleDuration present, and shows 6 or 7 samples. What I did was to sum the SampleDuration of the samples, and got the fragment duration. Did I miss anything? Can anyone help me?

iis 7 Smooth Streaming

• Re: IIS 7 - Live smooth streaming client problem

May 18, 2010 11:32 AM|arjenw|LINK

The times of the next (couple) of fragments is stored in a UUID box (in case of a live presentation). It's in the traf box and has an ID of:

0xd4, 0x80, 0x7e, 0xf2, 0xca, 0x39, 0x46, 0x95,
    0x8e, 0x54, 0x26, 0xcb, 0x9e, 0x46, 0xa7, 0x9f

The box contains a version (8) and flags (24), number of lookahead entries (8) and then a list of timestamps (64) and durations (64).

Hope this helps,

Arjen

May 20, 2010 03:10 AM|gperetz1|LINK

Thank you very much for the reply. I did try what you said, but I don't seem to get values that make sense. I get version=1,flags=0, lookeahead-entries=enormous number, and then the next 16 uint32 (timestamps) don't make any sense (not ascending), and then the next 16 uint32 (durations) also don't make sense. I don't get it. should the length of the data be 22 bytes always (after the uuid number)? I get that the data size is 37. What don't I do right? and also - can you provide me with any document that specifies the format? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

May 20, 2010 04:00 AM|gperetz1|LINK

Ignore last comment. I didn't read it right. The one thing that was not clear is that there are exactly number of entries as specified in that field, and each entry is: Time (uint64), Duration(uint64). Thanks!!!!!!!

May 28, 2010 06:42 AM|arjenw|LINK

Sorry 'about that. I should have been more clear. There's no documentation btw, this info is gathered from looked at hexdumps from a file. For future reference: [code] struct uuid1_t { unsigned int version:8; unsigned int flags:24; unsigned int entries:8; struct { timestamp:64 duration:64 } * entries; } [/code]

Live Smooth