Installing php on 64bit Windows 2008 IIS7 [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post Apr 23, 2010 04:10 PM by don.raman

• Installing php on 64bit Windows 2008 IIS7

Apr 22, 2010 03:22 PM|iisfan|LINK

i've been scouring the web for hours but still can't get answers to my problem. I'm trying to install PHP 5.2.13 on 64 Bit of Windows. I followed this instruction, http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-7/, and I'm getting error 500 all the time. Does anybody know how to configure this? h

PHP IIS7 64bit

• Re: Installing php on 64bit Windows 2008 IIS7

Apr 22, 2010 03:53 PM|don.raman|LINK

Apr 23, 2010 03:57 PM|iisfan|LINK

sorry about the crammed text. i can't get paragraph spacing to display.

Apr 23, 2010 04:03 PM|iisfan|LINK

thank you for the reply Don. My apology about the multiple posting. When I run this command %WINDIR%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe list config /section:fastcgi /text:* I saw that the [environmentVariables] tag is empty. I tried to manually add it by clicking on the Environment Variables button under System Properties, within the Advanced Tab. I added PHPRC variable on both the User Variables and System Variables, and I also add e:\php5 in the PATH under System Variables. I restarted the server, but the command above is still not returning any entry, and my PHP installation is still throwing out error 500. When i run php -info from my php installation folder, the "Loaded configuration file" is set to none, but the "configuration file (php.ini) path" variable is set to c:\windows. I tried moving php.ini to c:\windows, but it's still not working. Regular html file can load just fine. it looks like it is not loading any php.ini file. php-cgi -v command works fine, but this command isn't E:\PHP5>php-cgi e:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.php PHP Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(e:\inetpub\wwwro ot\test.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (e:\inetpub\wwwwroot) in Unknown on line 0 Status: 404 Not Found X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.13 Content-type: text/html Could you help? thank you so much again for your time

Apr 23, 2010 04:10 PM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

How to set environment variable is described at http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-70/#Using_IIS_Manager_. I would suggest uninstall PHP, remove the PHP folder, remove php.ini from C:\Windows and use WPI tpo install PHP. It will configure everything for you.

Thanks,

Don.