PHP php_ldap.dll not loadingRSS

3 replies

Last post Mar 23, 2010 07:38 PM by interbeny

• PHP php_ldap.dll not loading

Mar 09, 2010 09:16 PM|rickd@tidewater.net|LINK

I have PHP 5.2.13 installed on win 7 Pro 64 bit IIS 7.5. Using FastCGI. Installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP using Web Platform Installer 2.0. The ext folder only has a few dll's in it (not php_ldap.dll) Downloaded PHP 5.2.13 extracted files and copied php_ldap.dll to ext directory. Added extension=php_ldap.dll to php.ini. Checked to see that the extension directory was properly entered in php.ini. Still no ldap in phpinfo. I intend to use php_ldap.dll along with Drupal LDAPintegration module to authenticate using AD. Any help, ideas, pointers woul be very much appreciated. Mahalo from Maine Rick

64-bit Web Application Gallery PHP Drupal

• Re: PHP php_ldap.dll not loading

Mar 10, 2010 12:48 AM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

rickd@tidewater.net

Downloaded PHP 5.2.13 extracted files and copied php_ldap.dll to ext directory. Added extension=php_ldap.dll to php.ini.

This is not the right way of enabling extension and is extremely error prone. There is a high likelihood that the ldap extension dll you extracted came from thread safe zipped installation of PHP whereas you are using non thread safe PHP. Or ldap DLL is dependent on some other DLL which you didn't copy.

LDAP extension is very much part of PHP MSI and use PHP MSI to install it. Details at http://blogs.iis.net/donraman/archive/2009/10/16/configuring-php-extension-on-windows-a-simple-way.aspx. This will extract all the right DLL as well as modify the php ini file. Also before following this blog delete the ldap DLL you copied and remove extension=php_ldap.dll from php.ini file.

Thanks,

Don.

Mar 10, 2010 07:06 PM|rickd@tidewater.net|LINK

Hi Don, Thanks for the help. I cleaned up my mess, used the change option on the installed PHP selected the fastCGI and the ldap extension, ran the msi and restarted the computer and there it was. Thank you very much for the info. Rick

Mar 23, 2010 07:38 PM|interbeny|LINK

This link was really helpful! Thank you!