We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Site Analysis Report: Details window becomes inresponsive, leaks memory and causes 100% cpuRSS

5 replies

Last post Jan 12, 2010 04:37 AM by q42jaap

• Site Analysis Report: Details window becomes inresponsive, leaks memory and causes 100% cpu

Jan 10, 2010 05:07 PM|q42jaap|LINK

I've analyzed a particular site which has a large sitemap.xml. The analysis tool generates a number of violations, one of which: "An unexpected error has occurred".

Details (my system is dutch, the XmlException says that loc, url and urlset are not closed):

An unexpected error has occurred.
    Error details: "System.Xml.XmlException: Onverwacht bestandseinde opgetreden. De volgende elementen zijn niet afgesloten: loc, url, urlset. Regel 1, positie 1048577.
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String arg)
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements()
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       bij System.Xml.XmlSubtreeReader.Read()
       bij System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadString()
       bij Microsoft.Web.Management.SEO.Crawler.Parsers.SitemapLinkParser.ParseItem(CrawlerProcessContext result, XmlReader reader)
       bij Microsoft.Web.Management.SEO.Crawler.Parsers.SitemapLinkParser.Process(CrawlerProcessContext result)".

I suspect this has to to do with the 100Kb size limit. Violations tab is working by the way.

So far, no major issue, but when I click the Content tab, inetmgr becomes inresponsive and the taskmanager shows a constant 50% CPU (on a dual core). The xml content of the sitemap is shown after some time, but the process continues to take a lot of cpu.

Is this the right place for this issue or do I need to file a bug in microsoft connect, I don't know in which connection to put it.

Jaap

cpu 100%

• Re: analysis tool hangs when I view a violation "An unexpected error has occured"

Jan 10, 2010 05:11 PM|q42jaap|LINK

The memory of inetmgr is also constantly increasing by 4kb per second (approx). I saw 132MB of memory, the process just before I click the Content tab, uses 52MB.

• Re: analysis tool hangs when I view a violation "An unexpected error has occured"

Jan 10, 2010 10:52 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

Could you let us know how large is the file you are opening in the Content View?

Jan 11, 2010 03:42 AM|q42jaap|LINK

The sitemap.xml file is 3 MB when I download it. The xml content is all placed on the first line.

Jan 12, 2010 04:20 AM|q42jaap|LINK

Right now I'm using SEO Toolkit on a different box, unchecked the save to disk option and ran with 20000 (previously I ran 2000). After about 10,000 urls processed, IIS Manager suddenly crashes!! I'm re-running the tool to see whether it persists

Jan 12, 2010 04:37 AM|q42jaap|LINK

Now it ran succesfully