We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Relative URLsRSS

3 replies

Last post Jan 08, 2010 03:11 PM by CarlosAg

• Relative URLs

Dec 20, 2009 04:55 PM|mansosq|LINK

Hi,

We're getting "The page contains broken hyperlinks." for sites using relative URLs such as:

<a href="/news/2009/default.aspx" ... />

we get the report it doesn't exist. However in the error message it has resolved the url:

"The Web page contains the broken link 'http://www.mysite.com/news/2009/default.aspx'."

The pages definitely exist and the site is fully functional. Downloaded SEO Toolkit today.

Apart from this, thanks for a good tool.

seo toolkit

• Re: Relative URLs

Dec 28, 2009 02:41 AM|HostingASPNet|LINK

Hello,

IMHO you should check your URL rewriting options.

Regards

WindowsHostingASP.NET - My favourite site for Windows and IIS hosting information.
    HowtoASP.NET - Free ASP.NET tutorials and source code.

Dec 28, 2009 06:51 AM|mansosq|LINK

Thanks, but based on what I wrote, why should we check our rewriting options?

Jan 08, 2010 03:11 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

Could you open the details and see what was the status code that was returned to the SEO Toolkit? You can also see the HTML markup returned. this should let us know more about the status code of both pages and see if there is anything wrong.

Does this happen consistently? If it does and it is over the internet, feel free to send me at microsoft . com (same user as here) the URL and I'll see what is happening.