white pages after some timeRSS

12 replies

Last post Jan 26, 2010 03:28 PM by mwiederkehr

• white pages after some time

Dec 02, 2009 02:51 AM|mwiederkehr|LINK

hello

After I've installed Wincache, the server returned empty pages (only head and empty body) after some time (about 2 hours). If I restart the application pool everythin works fine again for a few hours.

There is nothing reported in the event log.

Is this a known problem?

Thank you for your help!

• Re: white pages after some time

Dec 02, 2009 02:55 AM|don.raman|LINK

Can you mail me back at don[dot]raman[at]microsoft[dot]com. Some more details will be useful but let's work on this.

Thanks,

Don

Dec 03, 2009 04:25 PM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

After the RTW release we refreshed the bits because of a crash found. You can use the latest binaries and see if this addresses your problem. The latest binaries links can be found at http://www.iis.net/expand/WinCacheForPhp.

This fixed the the above problem.

Thanks,

Don.

Dec 07, 2009 10:52 AM|okwonjo|LINK

I use the latest version of 1wincache-1.0.0-5.2-nts-vc6-x86.exe

IIS7+windows 2008 SP2

I tried both PHP5.2.11 NTS and PHP5.2.8 NTS

Will popup the Fastcgi error window at server-end, and white page at client-end.

I want to improve the performance of my server.

I am curious why my server works very slow.

From my results, the performance improved from wincache is about 15%.

The response time change to 0.5S from 0.6S.

I saw the response time of others is 0.008S,

Same application for Discuz (it is open source forum application) www.discuz.net

Should be my server problem?

Because i didn't setup a individual graphite card for my server, I use the embeded graphite card in the motherboard, and share the memory with applications.

Should it be the bottle neck? 

Your idea are welcomed.

Thanks.

Okwonjo

Dec 07, 2009 01:33 PM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

Can you tell more about the error you are getting both at client and server side. Also see if anything gets logged in Windows Event Viewer. Please be as detailed as possible.

Regarding 15% improvements from WINCACHE I would like to know more about the machine. If you a normal server you should also try on that and see if the performance with WINCACHE is any better.

Thanks,

Don.

Dec 07, 2009 09:15 PM|okwonjo|LINK

Thanks for your fast reply.My server details:

Windows server standard SP2 32Bit

Intel CPU 2140 (1.6Ghz) + 2GB DDRII Memory + IIS7

The graphite is integrated in motheboard. Shared memory 128M out of 2GB.

I got the error of event report.

For the error report,Sorry, It is in chinese.

I uploaded the picture into my server, if you cannot see the following picture. you can click the link

guangzhou hotel reservations

PHP5.2.11+wincache+error

错误应用程序 php-cgi.exe,版本 5.2.11.11,时间戳 0x4ab13019,错误模块 php_wincache.dll,版本 1.0.1117.0,时间戳 0x4b05d476,异常代码 0xc0000005,错误偏移量 0x00008ac5, 进程 ID 0x15f8,应用程序启动时间 0x01ca7730a82ee192。

PHP5.2.8+wincache+error

错误应用程序 php-cgi.exe,版本 5.2.8.8,时间戳 0x493d79ac,错误模块 php_wincache.dll,版本 1.0.1117.0,时间戳 0x4b05d476,异常代码 0xc0000005,错误偏移量 0x00012aba, 进程 ID 0x1660,应用程序启动时间 0x01ca7705cd0e93b9。

guangzhou hotel deals

Dec 11, 2009 05:08 PM|CurtisGray|LINK

We are getting the same issue with version 1.0.0 of Wincache. After a few minutes of running with this PHP extension all web pages simply return blank and there is an Application Error in the Event Viewer identical to okwonjo's above, but in English.

Is there a fix for this? We cannot use it right now because of this problem.

- Curtis
    http://ShipItOnTheSide.com - Learn to ship profitable software as a side job.

Dec 11, 2009 05:23 PM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

We are working on a fix. Once we have it fully tested, we will release a new 1.0.1 version. Stay tuned. I would say if this problem is severe disable WINCACHE for the time being. Once I have a stable private, I will contact you all to give it a shot and see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Don.

Dec 14, 2009 11:50 PM|Euclid|LINK

Thank you for looking into it. We are seeing the same problem here.

Jan 03, 2010 06:17 AM|david steadson|LINK

Same problem here. I was running PHP5.3 and the 5.3 version of wincache with no problem at all but had to revert to PHP5.2 due to some compatibility issues. I also changed the wincache version but have constantly hit this problem and had to disable it.

• 2008R2
    • PHP5.2.12
    • Wincache version 1.0.1117.0

wincache php 5.2

Jan 19, 2010 03:11 AM|ksingla|LINK

Hi

We believe we have the fix for this bug and we are getting ready to do wincache 1.0.1 release with the fix. If you want to verify the fix before the official release, pls email me at ksingla at microsoft dot com and I will send you the private. Pls indicate if you are using php 5.2 or 5.3.

Thanks,
    Kanwal

Jan 24, 2010 12:04 AM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

I remember you all reporting a white page problem with WINCACHE. We believe we have a solution for that. We are in the process of releasing WINCACHE 1.0.1 version with this fix. It will be good if you can test the private version of WINCACHE with the fix. This will be a win-win situation for both of us as you will get a chance to ensure that the fix is indeed working for you and if not we can address your concern too so that you can run WINCACHE smoothly. For us, it will be great to have a real customer validation. We have already got it validated by few customers. it would be great if you can help us in making WINCACHE a great caching solution on WINDOWS.

For getting the privates, please mail me at DONRAMAN[@]MICROSOFT[dot]COM and let me know if you need the privates for PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3.

Again thanks in advance for helping us. And thanks to people who have already participated in testing WINCACHE. Your help is greatly appreciated from our side.

Regards,

Don.

Jan 26, 2010 03:28 PM|mwiederkehr|LINK

Thank you for inviting me to test the new build of Wincache.

But since I followed your suggestions (install final version 1.0 and set cache higher) we did not experience any problem at all. The sites have been running for over a month without any interruption. So I don't think I can help you test the new version.

Thank you for your help and keep up the good work!