We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Bug: Duplicate Report Name & Removing ReportsRSS

2 replies

Last post Jan 07, 2010 01:19 PM by drmadcow

• Bug: Duplicate Report Name & Removing Reports

Nov 24, 2009 02:19 PM|drmadcow|LINK

I just rank across a bug in Toolkit 1.0 where if you remove reports from the list, and then create a new analysis with the same name it causes issues.  The new analysis will run, however after it was finished, and you hit Ok it gives the message "A repotr with the name 'Contempo New' already exists.  Please specify a different name".  The problem becomes the name box is grayed out, and the cursor is the Vista spinning thinking wheel.  It would be nice to be able to edit the name, time to rerun a 28:50 report...

Daryl Quenet,
    Director of SEO Services,
    http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/

search engine optimization IIS bug

• JeongHwan JeongHwan

50 Posts

Microsoft

Re: Bug: Duplicate Report Name & Removing Reports

Jan 05, 2010 07:23 PM|JeongHwan|LINK

Hi,

I tried to re-produced the issue you encountered but I was not able to find the repro steps. Could you please let us know if the issue is still reproducible? If so, I would really appreciate it if you would please give us the steps to reproduce the issue.

FYI, if the removed report name was used, the SEO UI should show the following error message and users can't hit the OK button of the New Analysis dialog because the button is disabled in that case.

---------------------------
    New Analysis
    A report with the name 'DuplicatedName' already exists. Please specify a different name.
    OK  

Thanks,
    Jeong Hwan Kim

Jeong Hwan Kim
  • Re: Bug: Duplicate Report Name & Removing Reports

Jan 07, 2010 01:19 PM|drmadcow|LINK

Greetings Jeong,

Thanks it ended up being a different error that made it appear to be this.  I've already worked with Carlos to bring it to his attention, in fact I think the next version will fix this issue as it had to do with bad characters in a code but would not finish the analysis but leave a directory with files.  Cheers.

Daryl Quenet,
    Director of SEO Services,
    Beanstalk Search Engine Optimization (877-370-9750)
    http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/