Push to Smooth Streaming Publishing pointRSS

4 replies

Last post Feb 04, 2010 09:59 PM by letitsmooth

• Push to Smooth Streaming Publishing point

Nov 05, 2009 09:15 AM|Iain Ballard|LINK

Hi.

I've been trying to push a stream IIS with the Live Smooth Streaming plugin.

Using the "pushEncoder.exe" it works OK, but using any other method, IIS returns a "200 OK" method after the first fragment's 'mdat'.

It then won't accept any further fragments.

Is there any way of finding out what's going wrong? Event log and IIS logs aren't giving any useful info (no difference between success and failure).

Also, I notice that "pushEncoder.exe" puts a 'uuid' atom at the end of the 'moof' atoms, and this is not present in the source MP4. Is it important & what is it's purpose?

Thanks, Iain B.

IIS 7.0 Live Smooth Streaming

• Re: Push to Smooth Streaming Publishing point

Nov 05, 2009 10:55 AM|Iain Ballard|LINK

Figured out part of the 'uuid'. There's the 16 byte type, then 4 byte value, possibly similar to flags&version: 01 00 00 00 Then there's a 8 byte timestamp which is often zero (don't know the exact purpose); Then there's another 8 byte timestamp which is the fragment duration. This is in units same as given in 'mvhd'.

Nov 06, 2009 12:36 AM|liulyw|LINK

Maybe you can check the Envivio's silverlight smooth streaming solution.

http://www.envivio.com/solutions/silverlivetv.php

Nov 06, 2009 03:40 AM|Iain Ballard|LINK

Thanks liulyw, I'm looking to be on the 'push' side of IIS Live Smooth, which would equate to the Envivio C4 server:
    http://www.envivio.com/products/cgs_4caster_c4_hd_gen2.php

Feb 04, 2010 09:59 PM|letitsmooth|LINK

Iain,

Let me know if you found any solution. I simulated what pushencoder does through code and I face pretty much the same road block.