We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

exporting sitemap file?RSS

3 replies

Last post Jan 10, 2010 02:50 PM by e1ny

• exporting sitemap file?

Oct 11, 2009 05:10 PM|e1ny|LINK

Hi: I've been playing with the SEO tool for a little while...is there any way to export an xml sitemap file from within the app?
  • Re: exporting sitemap file?

Oct 13, 2009 12:24 AM|CarlosAg|LINK

You can use the Sitemap feature to create one based on the output of Site Analysis report.

Just click "Create a new Sitemap", provide a name. In the dialog you should see the list of Reports that match the site for which you are creating the Sitemap. Select one from the drop down and you will be able to select the URLs, it will automatically populate the "Last Modified" and other fields based on the HTTP Response automatically.

Jan 04, 2010 02:03 PM|e1ny|LINK

Hi Carlos: Where does one find the "create a new sitemap" link? I've been hunting around the report interface but can't find that link?

Jan 10, 2010 02:50 PM|e1ny|LINK

LOL...I finally went back to Scott's page and realized that I only had the Site Analysis tool installed...I guess I installed it a long time ago and didn't realize that it had been updated <g>

Now it makes a little more sense!

But, after installing it locally on my Win7 workstation, it seems like I can only generate a sitemap for "localhost". I can't figure out how to generate a sitemap for a site on a different server...is that possible?