About not find fcgi*. files [Answered]RSS

6 replies

Last post Sep 03, 2009 10:46 AM by jparada

• About not find fcgi*. files

Aug 27, 2009 11:26 PM|jparada|LINK

Hello, I just installed through Web Platform Installer FastCGI, PHP, etc.., And then also updated, and it happens that I have not apparently fcgi*. files, I made the search in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\ and in all my disk C:\ and nothing.

I need to install something else or what I did wrong?

My work environment is Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

Thanks

Greetings
    Javier Parada
  • Re: About not find fcgi*. files

Aug 28, 2009 04:08 AM|don.raman|LINK

Hi,

Welcome to the world of FASTCGI which is built-in with the OS. All the configurations are part of IIS configuration now. So don't worry. fcgi.ini is merged into IIS configuration. So relax.

Is your site running fine? If it is, no need to worry about anything.

Don.

Aug 28, 2009 10:17 AM|jparada|LINK

<div dir=ltr>Hello Don,

Thanks for answering, if I need to run some commands from console, for example:
    </div> <div dir=ltr>IIS6: cscript fcgisetup.js /r /add c:\php\php-cgi.exe php  
    </div> <div dir=ltr>or</div> <div dir=ltr> </div> <div dir=ltr>IIS7: fcgisetup.exe /add c:\php\php-cgi.exe php

how can I do, if I haven't  fcgi*.* files

Thanks

Greetings
    Javier Parada</div>

Aug 28, 2009 12:55 PM|ruslany|LINK

There is no fcgisetup.exe for IIS7. Follow the instructions here on how to configure FastCGI and PHP: http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-70/#Configure_handler_mapping

Aug 29, 2009 08:37 PM|jparada|LINK

Hi Ruslany, Thanks for answering, I'll tell you a little history:

I need to install MindTouch Core, and following the installation guide is a place where state:
    <<When complete, register PHP with the FastCGI handler:<<cscript %windir%\system32\inetsrv\fcgiconfig.js -add -section:"PHP" -extension:php -path:"c:\ProgramFiles\PHP\php-cgi.exe" That's why my first question was about not meeting anywhere fcgi*.* files after activating “CGI” feature in Windows and after installing PHP via Web Platform Installer (and also update FastCGI), and both You and Don, have told me that there is no problem that should not be those files, Ok then no problem, I did the "Configure IIS 7.0 to Handle PHP Requests"
    In the next part: "Best Practices for Configuring FastCGI and PHP" I do not have the icon "FastCGI Settings"
     In this document references to: NOTE: If you do not see "FastCgiModule" in the "Modules:" drop-down list then it means that the module is not registered or not enabled. To check if FastCGI module is registered open the IIS configuration file %WINDIR%\windows\system32\config\applicationHost.config and check that the following line is present in <globalModules> section:<add name="FastCgiModule" image="%windir%\System32\inetsrv\iisfcgi.dll" />  Also, in the same file, check that the FastCGI module is added to the <modules> section:<add name="FastCgiModule" /> I have already checked that part and I have these lines. Ok then I come across something like this:

“To configure FastCGI recycling settings by using IIS Manager, you need to install Administration Pack for IIS 7.0 and ……” Then the next question is, if it appears all is well, why I do not have the icon to configure FastCGI via IIS 7.

Then following that I intend to do is install Administration Pack for IIS 7.0, but apparently I have seen that it is required the SO Windows Server 2008, but my work environment is Windows Vista Home Premium, then the question is, how can configure FastCGI under Windows Vista Home Premium using the IIS Manager.
     Or if not possible to use IIS 7, then how can I set up other things, as follows: InstanceMaxRequests=10000EnvironmentVars=PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS:10000RequestTimeout=90ActivityTimeout=60 

I appreciate some suggestions about what else I can do or where I'm wrong.

Please excuse the long message, but I want to comment that I made so far.

Thanks

Greetings
    Javier Parada

Sep 01, 2009 07:04 AM|Leo Tang - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

You can adjust FastCGI settings by using appcmd or editing config file directly.

For the detailed information, please refer to:
    FastCGI <fastCgi>
    http://www.iis.net/ConfigReference/system.webServer/fastCgi

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    Feedback to us

Sep 03, 2009 10:46 AM|jparada|LINK

<div dir=ltr id=result_box>Hi Leo, Thanks for responding, I will give a look at the link to check the information.

Thanks

Greetings
    Javier Parada</div>