Reverse Proxy FastCGI error [Answered]RSS

1 reply

Last post Aug 24, 2009 10:05 AM by anilr

• Reverse Proxy FastCGI error

Aug 20, 2009 06:06 PM|Vince3868|LINK

Problem Background:

I am currently trying to overcome an IIS/Apache DOM communication issue in which the PHP application opens a window which is dynamically trying to communicate to the parent/opener DOM (i.e. the IIS webserver). This results in a cross-domain 'access denied' error.  I understand that setting up a reverse proxy via ARR/Url Rewrite will resolve this issue.

In my development environment (Dual IIS7/XAMPP webserver) I have therefore:
    - created the empty web folder (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\srvr2\ucourse)
    - installed Application Request Routing Module,
    - enabled the proxy,
    - set the Match URL details to:
     - Matches the pattern
     - Using wildcards
     - Pattern: <IIS_HOSTNAME>/ucourse/*
    - set no conditions
    - set the Action details to:
     - rewrite
     - Action Properties: http://<APACHE_HOSTNAME>:8080/{R:1}

Result:
    Various URL tests show me that the filtering pattern matching is working (i.e. all browser URL calls to the IIS server still go through correctly except for ones with '/ucourse' appended to the hostname). The problem I'm running into is that the rewrite consistently returns the following:

Error Summary: HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
    An unknown FastCGI error occured Detailed Error Information
    Module FastCgiModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler PHP via FastCGI
    Error Code 0x8007010b
    Requested URL http://<IIS_HOST_NAME>:80/ucourse/integration.php?LOGONUSER=TestUser1001
    Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\srvr2\ucourse\integration.php
    Logon Method Anonymous
    Logon User Anonymous

Seeing the Physical Path still pointing to a windows-based address leads me to think that the URL rewrite is filtering, but for some reason not rewriting.

Thanks for your help! :-)

fastCGI error

• Re: Reverse Proxy FastCGI error

Aug 24, 2009 10:05 AM|anilr|LINK

You url rewrite rule is incorrect - the url match does not include the hostname, but only the url suffix beyond the current config location, so you match should look like ucourse/* and you should add a condition to have {HTTP_HOST} match the hostname you want - the freb log should have made clear that this rule was not being matched and the exact input used to match this rule.

Anil Ruia
    Software Design Engineer
    IIS Core Server