URL Rewrite - Missing, not showing up in manager. [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post Aug 14, 2009 07:03 AM by devangmehta

• URL Rewrite - Missing, not showing up in manager.

Aug 08, 2009 12:44 PM|brokensaber|LINK

I installed URL Rewrite 1.0 some time ago.  However I cannot find it in IIS manager.  I am wanting to upgrade to version 1.1 or 2.0 beta, but how do I uninstall it?

• Re: URL Rewrite - Missing, not showing up in manager.

Aug 08, 2009 02:18 PM|steve schofield|LINK

Do you see it listed in Add / Remove Programs listed in Control panel.

Steve Schofield
    Windows Server MVP - IIS
    http://iislogs.com/steveschofield
    http://www.IISLogs.com
    Log archival solution
    Install, Configure, Forget

Aug 14, 2009 03:05 AM|devangmehta|LINK

Hello Steve,

On a related note, I am seeing the module 1.0 in the control panel but I am having trouble uninstalling it. After uninstalling from control panel, the GUI disappears from IIS manager but the entry stays in contol panel.

Originally, I had it installed on Vista and I upgraded to Windows 7. I want to use the web platform installer to do future updates but I am stuck until I can get it uinstalled.

Is there a way to manually remove this module? I hope someone can help. Also, I am facing a problem with IIS powershell provider after upgrading to Windows 7. But it is opposite. I can't see the provider in the control panel but it is there in the start menu.

Thanks.

Devang

Aug 14, 2009 06:53 AM|Leo Tang - MSFT|LINK

Hi,

I'd suggest you run the original setup package .msi file, then choose the  Remove option to uninstall the Module.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    Feedback to us

Aug 14, 2009 07:03 AM|devangmehta|LINK

Leo, thanks, it worked for the rewrite module! It was a lot simpler than I thought it would be, luckily I kept the msi for the rewrite module.

I don't think I have the msi for the powershell provider but I'll look for it. I'll make it a point to keep the msi's from now on.

Thanks.