• Entire TabContainer becomes Invisible

Jul 29, 2009 04:54 PM|IceDog711|LINK

Hello,

When I enable this rule,

<rule name="san aspx">
              <!--Removes the .aspx extension for all pages.-->
              <match url="(.*)" />
              <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll">
                <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
                <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
              </conditions>
              <action type="Rewrite" url="{R:1}.aspx" />
            </rule>

it makes a TabContainer within an UpdatePanel become hidden.  I already have '  Form1.Action = Request.RawUrl;' in my Page_Load method, and it does modify the aspnetForm's action.  I added dummy asp:Button's within the UpdatePanel but outside of the TabContainer, and they displayed perfectly.

I didn't enable the Redirect as it had no effect on this issue.  With that, I repeatedly called mypage by it's proper name, "myaccount.aspx", not by the filter's intended effect "myaccount" (same issue).

PS.  It's the only rule enabled. 
  • Re: Entire TabContainer becomes Invisible

Jul 29, 2009 05:47 PM|IceDog711|LINK

I've discovered that if I disabled Javascript via 'Web Developer' in FireFox, the tabcontainer becomes hidden exactly like it does when the rule is enabled. Of course, other things on the page stop working too, but offsite references like Google Adsense. I'm guessing that the url rewrite is breaking a js dependency. Will investigate further, but please interrupt if you have an idea.

Update:

Well, I'm missing a lot of javascript when the rule is enabled.  I'm guessing the script comes from the ToolKitScriptManager, but that's not working. 

• Re: Entire TabContainer becomes Invisible

Jul 29, 2009 06:19 PM|IceDog711|LINK

What a pain in my keester.  On the eleventh page of this forum...several hours of searching...

<rule name="san aspx" enabled="true">
              <!--Removes the .aspx extension for all pages.-->
              <match url="(.*)" />
              <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll">
                <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
                <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
                <add input="{URL}" pattern="\.axd$" negate="true" />
              </conditions>
              <action type="Rewrite" url="{R:1}.aspx" />
            </rule>