We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Preserve timestamp when uploading files [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jul 20, 2009 06:30 AM by NazgulSE

• Preserve timestamp when uploading files

Jul 08, 2009 08:07 AM|NazgulSE|LINK

Hello,

I'm using IIS 6.0 as FTP server as I want to sync a lot of files over our WAN as FTP is a very good WAN Opzimized protocoll.

I have the problem now that preserve date and time is not working when I'm uploading a file to another server. SOURCE --> DESTINATION.

When I do a download from the destination it's working DESTINATION <-- SOURCE. I found out that MDTM must be supported from the FTP server but I couldn't find if IIS 6.0 does support this feature when uploading files.

I tried out really a lot of FTP tools but it's not working with one of them. It's very important that I can upload the files as I need a central management from one server. Also the timestamps are necessary for our software distribution tool that it can redirect the Software to the right server.

Does anyone have an idea or can tell me if this feature is just not supported from IIS 6.0. Should I use another FTP server?

Thank you in advance.

Alex

• Re: Preserve timestamp when uploading files

Jul 14, 2009 02:12 PM|davcox|LINK

We added this feature in FTP for IIS 7.0 which you can download from here (it also comes with Windows 7 & Windows 2008 R2)

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/263/installing-and-troubleshooting-ftp75/ 

• Re: Preserve timestamp when uploading files

Jul 20, 2009 06:30 AM|NazgulSE|LINK

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer. Unforutnatly I can't use win2008 with IIS7.0 on this machine currently. 

Kind regards

Alex