MSSQL + 5.3.X ? [Answered]RSS

6 replies

Last post Aug 27, 2009 10:29 AM by Mike Ayling

• MSSQL + 5.3.X ?

Jul 02, 2009 06:54 AM|siiiv|LINK

I thought it fits better to create a new thread about this. I did not find any MSSQL DLL file in the EXT folder when I unpacked the non thread safe 5.3.X. Since I do hate using crap like mySQL, I am wondering perhaps it is too soon to migrate to 5.3.X or am I missing something here?

Is the DLL downloaded separately now or something?

Thank you!

• Re: MSSQL + 5.3.X ?

Jul 02, 2009 06:14 PM|brashquido|LINK

siiiv

I do hate using crap like mySQL

Why do you consider MySQL as crap? The vast majority of PHP driven web applications using a database backend use MySQL, and some of the busiest websites on the Internet use it. If you plan on using PHP on IIS using a variety of open source applications you are really going to struggle NOT using MySQL. 

You can download the MSSQL driver here.

----------------
    Dominic Ryan
    Microsoft IIS MVP
    IIS Aid
    IIS and Open Source

Jul 02, 2009 08:40 PM|siiiv|LINK

Because it IS crap.

anyway, so it is a separate download. hmm... another DLL to keep track of... thank you very much for the help.

Jul 08, 2009 04:33 PM|Mike Ayling|LINK

Unfortunately, it seems that the following is the case:

PHP 5.3.0 no longer includes the php_mssql.dll extension.

The SQL Server Driver for PHP 1.0 extension (php_sqlsrv.dll) will not load under PHP 5.3.0.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldriverforphp/thread/9285793e-3ddb-49be-b138-d8cdccadb635

The SQL Server Driver for PHP 1.1 (CTP) should work, but is not due til next month. :(

-Mike

Jul 08, 2009 10:40 PM|siiiv|LINK

I'm using the "native" ODBC and it seems to work fine. I should also note that in case someone uses phpBB, they need alter their php.ini and have this : request_order = "GPC" instead of "GP"... some odd bug or something.

So anyway, I got it to work now with win2k8 + php 5.3.0 + mssql2k8 AND IT'S FREAKING FAST! :DDDDDD <3

Thanks.

EDIT : I love ASP.NET but sadly, there is absolutely no forum software which comes even close to phpBB so that's basically the only reason I had to install PHP. :]

Aug 27, 2009 10:18 AM|cnavarroh|LINK

Hi siiv, can I ask you how did you make work the sqlsrv functions, or the mssql extension? I've having some problems, like this error message:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sqlsrv_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\php\aw_demo.php on line 27

Or, in the php.log file, this other:

[27-Aug-2009 11:04:19] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: sqlsrv: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20060613
    PHP    compiled with module API=20090626
    These options need to match
     in Unknown on line 0

Did you have anyone of this problems with the extension?

Thanks,

Al.

Aug 27, 2009 10:29 AM|Mike Ayling|LINK