Dedicated Server for web (IIS7/PHP5) and MySQL 5.1 performance problem [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post May 07, 2009 08:56 AM by Rovastar

• Dedicated Server for web (IIS7/PHP5) and MySQL 5.1 performance problem

May 06, 2009 05:41 AM|piraya|LINK

Hi,

I have two servers, the web server is running on a virtual server with II7 configured for PHP and FastCGI.
    The second server is a dedicated MySQL v5.1 server.

Now everything is working fine but when for example installing Joomla the speed is incredibly slow, it can take about 5-10 seconds to load a page.
    If I change mysql_connect to mysql_pconnect in Joomla db include file everytning works fast.

Am I missing something here or is there no other way than to use presistant connections?

Kind Regards,
    raja

fastCGI php mysql

• Rovastar Rovastar

5469 Posts

MVP

Re: Dedicated Server for web (IIS7/PHP5) and MySQL 5.1 performance problem

May 07, 2009 07:23 AM|Rovastar|LINK

What does the application dev Joomla recommend?

I do not know enough about the product to give much more advice.  To test setup a basic page (not in Joomla) and connect to mysql server to see if you can recreate the behaviour.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/
  • Re: Dedicated Server for web (IIS7/PHP5) and MySQL 5.1 performance problem

May 07, 2009 07:46 AM|piraya|LINK

Hi,

Actually it does not matter whether I use Joomla or if I just create a sample php code that connects to MySQL, the result is the same.

Have spent a lot of time regarding this and have found that it has something to do with how MySQL resolves host names. I know it doesn't make sense as it works with persistent connections!

Kind Regards,
    raja

fastCGI php mysql

• Rovastar Rovastar

5469 Posts

MVP

Re: Dedicated Server for web (IIS7/PHP5) and MySQL 5.1 performance problem

May 07, 2009 08:56 AM|Rovastar|LINK

I haven't used mySQL enough to give a useful answer I suggest to enquire on mySQL support forums for what they use.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/