LocalSqlServer on Database connectionsRSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 26, 2009 02:27 PM by SaadL

• LocalSqlServer on Database connections

Apr 23, 2009 05:49 AM|clustermaster|LINK

Hi all,

I have install the latest database manager and is really cool.

I have one problem i want to delete the LocalSqlServer on Database connections.

Even when i deleted if i log-off and log-on this appears again. I greated a new connection that works try again to delete but appears again.

Thank you.

• Re: LocalSqlServer on Database connections

Apr 23, 2009 07:34 AM|ma_khan|LINK

I am not sure how did you delete the LocalSQLServer database connection... for me it does not even give the option to delete... However, I had a connection for one of my test websites and i just deleted that one ... and it never came back... I tried it on VISTA...
  • Re: LocalSqlServer on Database connections

Jun 26, 2009 02:27 PM|SaadL|LINK

Hi clustermaster,

The LocalSqlServer connection string is created by default when the .NET Framework is installed.

To remove this connection string, you will need to edit your machine.config file that is located in: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG".

Open machine.config in your favorite editor, then search for the following section:
    <connectionStrings>
      <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
     </connectionStrings>

Then delete the <add> element in that section. The section will be empty or should only contain connection strings you added:
     <connectionStrings>
     </connectionStrings>

Let me know if you need further help.

Saad