Php does not open files that are absolute [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 04, 2009 06:17 AM by andrewkillen

• Php does not open files that are absolute

Apr 22, 2009 09:16 AM|andrewkillen|LINK

Hey all,

I really need some help getting to the bottom of this problem.  I've used the MS beta web installer to get FastCGI PHP 5.2.9 onto my new Vista home premium machine.  And since installing I've had many problems with php scripts that I have created and have out in the wild.

Basically it seems to be a directory/file IO issue. 

1. require once

If I use requre_once in any other way than "file.php" or "./file.php", ie "/include/stuff/file.php" or ($docroot."/include/stuff/file.php), Require_once cannot open the file or directory

here is the error detail

PHP Warning:  require_once(/dieet/include/php/basepage.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Andy\sites\dieet-4u\dieet\index.php on line 10
    PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/dieet/include/php/basepage.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Users\Andy\sites\dieet-4u\dieet\index.php on line 10

Please help!  I need to get to the bottom of this... so any advice will be very greatfully recieved
    thanks in advance

Andy

PHP IIS7 fastCGI Installation fastCGI error IIS7 fastcgi Installation vista SP1 PHP fastCGI php mysql IUSR IIS_USR permission php FASTCGI php fastcgi php.ini

• Re: Php does not open files that are absolute

Apr 25, 2009 11:20 AM|ma_khan|LINK

how about $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/yourdirectory/yourfile.php"

the above works for me..  include_once takes relative or absolute paths... so that should work... let me know...

• Re: Php does not open files that are absolute

Jun 04, 2009 06:17 AM|andrewkillen|LINK

many thanks, you were right.  appologies for the late reply, over-active spam filter..