PATH_INFO empty [Answered]RSS

5 replies

Last post Feb 09, 2009 01:40 AM by anilr

• PATH_INFO empty

Feb 04, 2009 09:03 AM|edigar|LINK

HI,

PATH_INFO server variable is always returned empty in my ISAPI filter(IIS 6.0).Please let me know whether i should enable any flag in the configuration for PATH_INFO to display correctly? 

IIS 6 Path_info

• Re: PATH_INFO empty

Feb 04, 2009 01:24 PM|anilr|LINK

What notification is this on?  If, SF_NOTIFY_PRE_PROC, this is by design as the script/path-info part of the url have not been separated yet.

Anil Ruia
    Software Design Engineer
    IIS Core Server

Feb 05, 2009 05:30 AM|edigar|LINK

Thanks Anil.I was doing it in PRE_PROC notiifcation.Is there any way to retrieve PATH_INFO in PRE_PROC notification as i have all my logic implemented there.?

Feb 05, 2009 02:16 PM|anilr|LINK

You can do GetHeader(..., "url", ...) to get the complete url and work on that.

Anil Ruia
    Software Design Engineer
    IIS Core Server

Feb 06, 2009 09:32 AM|edigar|LINK

Thanks Anil.But it would be difficult to calculate the Path_info if the resource is accessed with out an extension.

For Eg: /cgi-bin/test-cgi

I am not sure whether IIS allows it but Apache definitely allows it.

But with IIS7.0,It should be possible to get the correct PATH_INFO in the BEGIN_REQUEST provided allowpathinfo is set.But, is it recommended to set the flag allowpathinfo=true?.I just wanted to make sure that there will be no security issues if we enable it.

Feb 09, 2009 01:40 AM|anilr|LINK

It would not just be difficult but impossible to determine path-info in this case - how would anyone (including IIS) know where to split for script-name vs path-info?  Also, setting allowpathinfo to true will not help and possibly result in security vulnerabilities in quite a few ISAPI extensions written for IIS.

Anil Ruia
    Software Design Engineer
    IIS Core Server