PHP Problem on one interfaceRSS

3 replies

Last post Feb 08, 2009 06:49 AM by johannes.ofner

• PHP Problem on one interface

Jan 23, 2009 05:44 AM|johannes.ofner|LINK

Hallo,

I have a Windows Small Business Server 2008 (german version) with two network interfaces, one connected to the domain workgroup, one connected to the dmz and internet. I have installed PHP 5.2.8 on Fast-CGI like discribed on iis.net to run an intranet application with mysql db.

The website can be accessed without problems from the server host and from the outside interface, but not from the internal interface (workgroup and vpn side). Even <?php phpinfo(); ?> cannot be accessed. The request is not answered and I get an error message on the client "the website cannot be indicated (I don´t how this error is in english exactly).

It would be very nice if someone of you has an idea, whats the reason for this strange behaviour.

• Re: PHP Problem on one interface

Jan 23, 2009 10:49 AM|Paul Lynch|LINK

Hi,

Is it just PHP which is affected by this problem ? Are you able to browse to a simple HTML or Asp.Net 'Hello World' file from the internal network ?

Regards, 

Paul Lynch
    MCSE

Jan 23, 2009 12:39 PM|johannes.ofner|LINK

Hi,

yes, only php is affected, it seems so. A normal .html page works fine and fast. Also OWA, companyweb and remote-site work. Strange is that its only on one interface - the other interface and the local host work fine. New php sites with an echo statement work also.

I have to mention that I had deleted php (FastCGI settings, folder and registry entries containing PHP or PEAR) and reinstalled - that time php works fine from outside but the strange behaviour occured.

Regards,
    hannes

Feb 08, 2009 06:49 AM|johannes.ofner|LINK

not only php sites are affected by this problem. also html sites show this behaviour if their size is greater than a few kb. But only new not sbs websites have these problems. all installed sbs sites work fine.