• Now available for download: Release Candidate of IIS PowerShell Snap-in

Jan 16, 2009 01:40 PM|thomad|LINK

Thomas Deml
    Group Program Manager
    Internet Information Services
    Microsoft Corp.
  • Re: Now available for download: Release Candidate of IIS PowerShell Snap-in

Jan 27, 2009 05:19 AM|13xforever|LINK

I can't install it on Windows 7 beta (x64). Installer claims that I don't have IIS 7 installed.

CTP2 installed without any fuse though.

PS: as a hack I changed minor version of IIS from 5 to 0 here: HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp

Jan 31, 2009 11:33 PM|sergeia|LINK

This is "by design". What you have in Win7 beta is practically the same code as RC of powershell snapin, which is for downlevel versions only.

Feb 02, 2009 05:12 AM|13xforever|LINK

So, you're saying that IIS 7.5 comes with PS snap-in pre-installed? Hmmm... didn't notice. And anyway, when launching installer, it says: you don't have IIS 7 or later installed. I think you should clarify this somehow.

PS: how could I change SSL settings for web  applications (e.g. require SSL + Ignore / Accept / Require client certificate)?

Feb 16, 2009 08:00 PM|daveclarke|LINK

That is just a ridiculous situation and you should fix it. I can only imagine that perhaps this is a bug and you just haven't figured it out yet. I'm using Windows Web Server 2008 r2 Core with IIS 7 installed and I want to use the PowerShell IIS plug-in. Having to modify a registry entry to allow it to install is not OK, quite apart from the time I've wasted trying to find out why it hasn't installed. Thanks for the hack 13xforever btw.

Mar 10, 2009 01:27 AM|sergeia|LINK

This is fixed for release. Thanks for reporting this.

Hacking IIS version in the registry is not a good solution, because you may confuse other tools that may depend on version.

--Sergei

Apr 28, 2009 07:34 AM|13xforever|LINK

So, there's a RC of Win7 and there's still no IIS snap-in shipped with it.

AND there's no way to install a release of snap-in on Win7, only RC is hackable... it is very... inconvenient... :-(

Apr 28, 2009 12:18 PM|sergeia|LINK

This is not exactly true. Windows 7 has WebAdministration module instead of snap-in. To enable this module you need to run command "import-module WebAdministration" either from your session or from profile script. Besides this there is no differences between snap-in released Out-of-Band and module in Windows 7.

Sergei