Live data error-status code 500 [Answered]RSS

11 replies

Last post Jan 20, 2009 09:04 AM by Dini7777

• Live data error-status code 500

Jan 14, 2009 02:13 PM|Dini7777|LINK

For months now i cannot find a solution to the live data error i am facing whenever i click on the live data view button on Dreamweaver.

First of all it is a status 500 code error. From i search i have done it seems it is related to permissions.

I have given permission to IIS in countless folders and files but with no result.

The error message says sth about a 8004005 error and allways it mentions a line 9. To what line does this refer to. Everything is based in ASP.

Another issue is the failed request tracing. It gives me a lot of info but it is very technical and it is hard for me to make a sense out of it.

I get an error and a warning. In the error i see the message that appears in the popup window that appears when i click the live data view button in Dreamweaver.

Regarding the warning here is the message and i hope someone can help me with this:

MODULE_SET_RESPONSE_ERROR_STATUS 

<div class=hidden id=section_errors_95_details style="DISPLAY: block">
    ModuleName IsapiModule
    Notification 128
    HttpStatus 500
    HttpReason Internal Server Error
    HttpSubStatus 0
    ErrorCode 0
    ConfigExceptionInfo
    Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER
    ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0)
    </div>

From this it seems that the problem has to do with the ISAPI module. Nevertheless i cannot deduct something else usufull from it.

Can you?

I am waiting any suggestions.

• Re: Live data error-status code 500

Jan 14, 2009 03:00 PM|tomkmvp|LINK

Dini7777

The error message says sth about a 8004005 error and allways it mentions a line 9. To what line does this refer to. Everything is based in ASP.

It refers to line 9 of code on the ASP in question.  What's there?

Jan 15, 2009 03:22 AM|Dini7777|LINK

How am i going to understand if the message is database related or not?

• Rovastar Rovastar

5474 Posts

MVP

Re: Live data error-status code 500

Jan 15, 2009 04:35 AM|Rovastar|LINK

Dini7777

How am i going to understand if the message is database related or not?

If you use a database and line 9 refers to a database then it is likely that it is database related.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/

Jan 15, 2009 11:27 AM|Dini7777|LINK

Indeed i use a database. So you are saying that i open my access db and look there for this line9.

I am saying that because i though that this line 9 had with an ASP file.

Thanks anyway. I will see if the above tip helps me in any way.

Jan 15, 2009 02:54 PM|tomkmvp|LINK

I'm not sure we can be any clearer.

In your editor, open up the Active Server Page that is causing the error and tell us what is on line 9.

Jan 16, 2009 04:05 AM|Dini7777|LINK

Before proceeding to tell you about line 9 i must make the following ckarification and it is something that has been brought to my attention.

I have set up the site in a folder on my computer and from then have ulpoaded the contents to the IIS/testing folder in inetpub.

I cannot understand why when i open the site from my local folder i can see in dreamweaver the db connection but when i open the same site directly from the testing server folder i do not see any db connection.

That happens when i open exactly the same page from the site. When i say i do not see the connection in Dreamweaver i mean that in the Dreamweaver UI in the right pane and in the application tab where all db connections are listed.

What made me to give attention to that is the fact the error massage that appears when i click the liveview data button(and where this line 9 is mentioned which i will come to it) says.

Error requesting document from the testing server

Error 80004004

/Mysampleapps/view/55_daidk2np,aspl line 9

Some comments here. Mysampleapps/view  is the page where i click the live data and this error message appears.2nd these characters that follow the word view in the message allways change-they are never the same. Only this reference to line 9 stays..

And now regarding what is in that line 9. I opened the code view in Dw in that page(Mysampleapps/view) where the problem appears and here is what i see".

Recordset1_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_ConnTownsed_STRING

ConnTownsed is the name of the site.

I know that all the above were alot and in the end you will feel i litle tired and confused but i would really appreciate your help in this since i am frustrated.

Computer problems sometimes put on trial your patiense.

Thank you and i hope that we will cooperate and find a solution together.

Jan 16, 2009 09:00 AM|tomkmvp|LINK

What error are you getting - is it 80004004 or 80004005?  There is a difference.

What is MM_ConnTownsed_STRING set to? What database are you using?

Jan 18, 2009 02:27 AM|Dini7777|LINK

The error i get is 80004005. From where i will see to what  MM_ConnTownsed_STRING set to?

In the code i cannot see something.

And regarding the database what do you mean by saying what database am i using?

You mean if it is Access or MySQL? If you mean that it is Access. Or else clarify it please.

Jan 19, 2009 12:41 PM|tomkmvp|LINK

It's getting very hard to help you.

Somewhere in your code there must be a line starting with "MM_ConnTownsed_STRING = "

And yes, I wanted to know if you're using Access or some other database. At least that is clear now.

The challenge here is figuring out what you're doing when you don't seem quite so sure yourself ...

Jan 20, 2009 08:53 AM|Dini7777|LINK

Why is it difficult to help me? Maybe because you do not know all the necessary facts?

First of all this MM_ConnTownsed_STRING appears only once in the code so and i cannot see anything related to being set to anything as you wonder.

Another q i have is if you believe that Access causes the problem and that it would be better to use sth else for database.Do you think i will do my job better with MySQL?

What is your oppinion about the DSN. Do you think that there will be a difference if the DSN is User or System DSN? I am not sure if the DSN i am using is user or system DSN. I will have to check that.

And lastly i will check the webpage you indicated me with the hope i will find something usefull. 

Jan 20, 2009 09:04 AM|Dini7777|LINK

And another thing. I

am posting the whole code segment where "MM_ConnTownsed_STRING= "is contained in the hope that this will help.

Set Recordset1_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")
    Recordset1_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_ConnTownsed_STRING
    Recordset1_cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM COMMENTS ORDER BY LAST_NAME ASC"
    Recordset1_cmd.Prepared = true

Thank you