webdav + iis manager user auth?RSS

4 replies

Last post Feb 24, 2017 07:56 PM by artisticcheese

• webdav + iis manager user auth?

Dec 29, 2008 02:52 PM|RustySpoon|LINK

Is it possible to authenticate iis manager users? (like iis7 ftp+ iis manager. auth)

• Re: webdav + iis manager user auth?

Jan 04, 2009 10:26 PM|Andrew Zhu - MSFT|LINK

Sure, IIS7 allow non-windows accounts, check this link:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/159/configuring-remote-administration-and-feature-delegation-in-iis-7/

Thanks

Andrew Zhu
    Microsoft online ASP.NET support
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Jan 05, 2009 11:55 AM|RustySpoon|LINK

Thanks Andrew!

I know what is the delegation and how to use it. Im using this authentication method with iis7 ftp, but on the same site I cant authenticate through webdav the same users.

I added the users to the site's WebDAV Authoring Roles, and   to the IIS Manager Permissons (it needed for the ftp too). WebDAV is enabled for the site. Authorization Rules: All Users. Authentication: Basic, Windows, Anonymous enabled. (WebDAV works with windows users!!)  Should I add any other settings to work with IIS Manager Users?

Jan 05, 2009 07:24 PM|CarlosAg|LINK

I wrote a blog entry on how to enable IIS Users for Web Applications once, however it addresses only the Authentication side of things:

http://blogs.msdn.com/carlosag/archive/2008/09/26/using-iis-manager-users-in-your-application.aspx

The authorization is not going to work great since it requires a Query String argument to specify which Site or Application you are connecting and that is why I did not added it. I would recommend then relying on Web DAV authorization rules for protecting who has access to your site.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Feb 24, 2017 07:56 PM|artisticcheese|LINK