ATL ws on IIS 5.1/6.0 on XP/2003. [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Nov 19, 2008 10:55 AM by false_vapor

• ATL ws on IIS 5.1/6.0 on XP/2003.

Nov 18, 2008 02:09 PM|false_vapor|LINK

Ok. I've created a straight forward ATL/C++/NoCLR/Attributed web service using VS 2005 on Vista.

It's blank. Does nothing. Has one or two test soap_methods.

I can successfuly configure it on all Vista-based IISs via "Handler Mappings" and "ISAPI and CGI Restrictions" and it gets loaded fine. But on XP/Win 2003 I can't even find these settings. And no matter what I try I get "internal server error 500" when I try to go to my ws ".../atlws.dll?Handler=GenATLwsWSDL" using a browser. Checked and rechecked all permissions I could think of and no luck.

Please help! What am I missing?

• Re: ATL ws on IIS 5.1/6.0 on XP/2003.

Nov 19, 2008 05:38 AM|ganeshanekar|LINK

In IIS 6, you will need add and allow this through web service extensions.

Configure the dll there and also map it on to the application under application mappings.

BTW, there is no configuration for ISAPI/CGI Restriction on XP/IIS 5.1

HTH.

~ Ganesh

Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.

Nov 19, 2008 10:45 AM|false_vapor|LINK

Thanks a lot Ganesh! I've noticed that there are no such settings on XP for "ISAPI/CGI Restriction". But what weird is that it's the same IIS (6) as on Vista, right? Pardon my ignorance up until now but where is that "web service extensions" that I need to configure this in? Maksim.

Nov 19, 2008 10:55 AM|false_vapor|LINK

Also does it mean that there's no way to use that on XP/IIS 5.1?