IMPORTANT: PHP scripts are not working due to a Windows Actualization ???RSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 30, 2008 09:12 PM by Andrew Zhu - MSFT

• IMPORTANT: PHP scripts are not working due to a Windows Actualization ???

Oct 25, 2008 10:12 PM|v-edsojo|LINK

Hi everybody, i have a testing environment to prove web applications developed with PHP5 via IIS7. This environment was configured following instructions in the link http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-70 and it worked fine.

The problem is that nowadays is not working and i've tried to configure others environment using the link shown before and it does not work either. All requests that i try throws the following error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

c:\php\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly 

Could it be a bug or issue due to a windows actualization? it is the only different thing that it has been installed recently in these environment. I found this situation today Saturday 10-25-2008 and i have recieved comments from other persons that are starting to have the same problem.

I tested this case in Windows Vista SP1 x86 and x64, Windows Server 2008.

Thanks in advanced.

PHP FastCGI IIS7 Vista FastCGI process exited unexpectedly PHP IIS7 2008 fastCGI error error 500

• Re: IMPORTANT: PHP scripts are not working due to a Windows Actualization ???

Oct 26, 2008 07:17 AM|HostingASPNet|LINK

Hello,

Try running your PHP app in 32 bit mode:

cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

Regards

WindowsHostingASP.NET - My favourite site for Windows and IIS hosting information.
    HowtoASP.NET - Free ASP.NET tutorials and source code.

Oct 26, 2008 04:20 PM|v-edsojo|LINK

Hi, i have two questions about it:

1. I did not find the file %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs. Where do i find it?

2. These environment have been working fine until few days ago. Why does not work now?

Thanks in advanced.

Oct 30, 2008 09:12 PM|Andrew Zhu - MSFT|LINK

you can find it in "C:\\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs" usually.

Thanks

Andrew Zhu
    Microsoft online ASP.NET support
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.