HTTP Error 404.3 again - IIS 7 & PHP [Answered]RSS

7 replies

Last post Oct 29, 2008 02:05 PM by AnthonyKay

• HTTP Error 404.3 again - IIS 7 & PHP

Oct 08, 2008 09:55 PM|LReber|LINK

Hi - I've been trying to get a PHP environment to work on my local machine. I'm using DW CS3, various browsers, IIS 7.0 & Windows Vista for Biz and working on just localhost for now. I'm trying a test page with the following code:

<p>This page was created at  <b><?php echo date("h:i:s a", time()); ?></b> on the computer running PHP.</p> I cut and pasted this from a tutorial, so I expect it works.

This generates the 404.3 error message. I looked at a string of earlier posts (http://forums.iis.net/p/1146521/1857376.aspx#1857376) and tried some of those suggestions. The first thing I tried was making sure I checked the FastCGI when installing PHP, then I tried doing the installation from the zipped files instead of the installer. Then I made sure the user 'computername/IUSR_computername' had read and write privileges. I haven't removed and reinstalled IIS 7 - it has been close to a year since the last post on that thread; I would hope that wouldn't be necessary. Any other suggestions for a semi technically competent person? I had countless problems with .ASP files too, though I could open the test page. I'm ending up on a UNIX host, so it's PHP time. 6 weeks and  counting and I still can't work with live data from localhost. Thanks!

• Re: HTTP Error 404.3 again - IIS 7 & PHP

Oct 08, 2008 10:03 PM|LReber|LINK

Additional information: I do have the full text of the detailed error code. It includes:
    Error Code: 0x80070032
    followed by suggestions about handler mapping and MIME map not enabled. OK, those are beyond me! Thanks - hope this add'l info helps, more is available.

Oct 08, 2008 10:31 PM|LReber|LINK

And more info. I checked out Mike Volo's blog - how to diagnose IIS 7 errors - and in one post he wrote:

Run:
    > %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd list config -section:handlers
    To see if it contains handler mappings for your desired extensions.  If it doesn't, that's your problem.

Um, do I do that at a Command Prompt? I tried that and got:
    ERROR ( message: Configuration errror
    Filename: \\?\C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config
    Line Number: 0
    Description: Cannot read configuration file
    .)

Again, hope that helps. Thanks.

Oct 09, 2008 01:47 PM|ksingla|LINK

Hi,

404.3 indicates that staticfile handler is trying to serve the file. You need to create the handler mapping for php. You can follow the steps as outlined here to create the handler mapping which will also create the fastcgi application entry.

Error you are getting while running appcmd command is because you are running the command from a non-elevated window. Right click on the command prompt shortcut and click run as adminstrator.

Thanks,
    Kanwal

Oct 11, 2008 08:28 PM|LReber|LINK

Hi Kanwal - thanks for the great link. I've finally gotten SP1 installed and followed the directions on the linked site you recommended, but when I try to add module mapping, only CGI appears, not FastCGI in the module selection box. This leads to more questions:
    should I re-install the 'nts PHP'?
    It shouldn't matter as far as selections go, but since I'm only working with localhost, "To add a handler mapping at a server level" means starting in IIS at the 'my ComputerName' level, right?
    How can I get the FastCGI Module to appear?
    Taking another look at the FastCGI PHP instructions, should I de-select all the options in windows Features except CGI? does it matter?

I'm still in the blindly following directions stage, but I'm sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks again!

Oct 12, 2008 03:01 PM|ksingla|LINK

1. If you used the zipped version of install, you don't need to reinstall nts php. If you used the installed, I would recommend uninstalling it, downloading zip version and unzipping it.
    2. Yes, adding a handler at server level means starting at 'my computername level'.
    3. I am not sure why fastcgi doesn't appear in the list of available modules but you can try uninstalling CGI component and then installing it again. If you still don't see fastcgi in the list, let me know.
    4. Depending on what IIS components you need, you can choose a customized install. To keep things simple, you can go with default install + CGI component. If you know that you need other components, you can select those too.

Hope this helps.
    Kanwal

Oct 29, 2008 02:04 PM|AnthonyKay|LINK

Hello

New to IIS 7 but I really long back to IIS6 or 5 for that matter, It is a real pain in the... behind to get it working.

<div class="content-container">
    Foutenoverzicht

HTTP-fout 404.3 - Not Found

De aangevraagde pagina kan niet worden geleverd vanwege de configuratie van de extensie. Als de pagina een script is, voegt u een handler toe. Als het bestand moet worden gedownload, voegt u een MIME-toewijzing toe.

</div> <div class="content-container">
    Gedetailleerde foutgegevens <div id="details-left">
    Module StaticFileModule
    Melding ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Foutcode 0x80070032
    </div> <div id="details-right">
    Aangevraagde URL http://127.0.0.1:80/test.php
    Fysiek pad C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.php
    Aanmeldingsmethode Anoniem
    Aangemelde gebruiker Anoniem
    </div>
    </div>

Yes I use a Dutch version

Used the php zip binary for windows
    Did all
    It used to better in IIS 6

Oct 29, 2008 02:05 PM|AnthonyKay|LINK

<div class="content-container">
    Foutenoverzicht

HTTP-fout 404.3 - Not Found

De aangevraagde pagina kan niet worden geleverd vanwege de configuratie van de extensie. Als de pagina een script is, voegt u een handler toe. Als het bestand moet worden gedownload, voegt u een MIME-toewijzing toe.

</div> <div class="content-container">
    Gedetailleerde foutgegevens <div id="details-left">
    Module StaticFileModule
    Melding ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Foutcode 0x80070032
    </div> <div id="details-right">
    Aangevraagde URL http://127.0.0.1:80/test.php
    Fysiek pad C:\inetpub\wwwroot\test.php
    Aanmeldingsmethode Anoniem
    Aangemelde gebruiker Anoniem
    </div>