Multiple Undefined variable errors in PHPRSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 01, 2008 03:56 PM by ksingla

• Multiple Undefined variable errors in PHP

Sep 15, 2008 12:08 PM|mdsterling|LINK

I use windows 08 with IIS7 and most content is joomla 1.5x. I keep getting  'undefined variable' errors when I go check the fail logs after getting the server 500 errors. It seems to happen with several extensions. I have to go in the php page and jimmy-rig and then maybe it will work. I see the variables defined fine but it doesn't seem to pass them on. The permissions are set for IUSR and other net users.

It must be something I haven't configured in my IIS to cause this. Anyone have any answers. I've checked post and have tried a few things from what I've read, with no positive results.

specific error of one time is;

Data1 FASTCGI_RESPONSE_ERROR
    Data2 PHP Notice: Undefined variable: html in C:\.....
    ErrorCode 5
    ErrorCode Access is denied. (0x5)

FastCGI php fastcgi error iis7 fastcgi

• Re: Multiple Undefined variable errors in PHP

Sep 26, 2008 01:45 PM|ksingla|LINK

Do you have fastcgi.impersonate set to 1 in php.ini? What happens if you run the php page directly from commandline?

Thanks,
    Kanwal

Oct 01, 2008 08:46 AM|mdsterling|LINK

yes it is set to 1.

I get the same thing. undefined error of some sort. I have been steadily searching the logs for an answer but I can't seem to find any one answer.

thanks.

Monica

Oct 01, 2008 03:56 PM|ksingla|LINK

Hi Monica,

If you are getting the same errors when you execute php pages from commandline then you are ruling out problem with IIS. I would recommend getting some help on php or joomla forums.

Thanks,
    Kanwal