IIS 5 & IIS 6
3 webservers all configured the same.... only one works
Last post Jan 18, 2008 01:16 PM by zenorach
Jan 18, 2008 12:08 PM|zenorach|LINK
1) I have 3 webservers. They all have the same website on them. None of the websites have machine or account names hardcoded.
2) Each of them uses their machines local IUSR_<machinename> account for the security settings.
3) Each of them has a pool (call it BOB) with a user <DomainAccount>\Something_BobUser in the identified users.
4) They are all a part of the same domain.
5) They all have the same security settings pushed down from above by the domain.
In otherwords by all accounts they should be the same....
Trouble is that two of the 3 machines don't work. But they will work if I use the built in Network Service service account. I cannot use this account. And when I use the <DomainAccount>\Something_BobUser it crashes the app pool instantly. Do not pass go
do not collect $200.
The event error that comes across the event logs is that the user failed to login as Logon Type 4 (batch account). And yet this user is allowed to logon as a batch account *and* this same user on the working machine logs in as a batch account.
Jan 18, 2008 12:59 PM|tomkmvp|LINK
Did you make the domain account a member of the local IIS_WPG group?
Jan 18, 2008 01:16 PM|zenorach|LINK
You sir in a single sentence solved part of a several day headache. Thank you